“Lunch Stop”

The Loft
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Crieff
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Loft opened in late June 2011. It is on the Crieff High Street between the Strathearn Gallery and James Square. The front of the shop sells attractive home decoration goods; the back is a large room with sofas and tables and chairs and a great view. They serve coffees and lunches. I visited there twice and found them excellent.
Reviewed 16 February 2018

My husband and I went to Crieff for an afternoon stroll.
We walked past The Loft and I peeped my nose against the window and notice the café in the background.
We went in and was greeted by a waiter who took us to a table.
We received menu's and placed our order.
My husband had the soup and sandwich combo.
I wanted the soup but not the sandwich. I ask the waiter if I can swap for a scone. The waiter then advice me it will work out cheaper getting it separate.
That is kind of him as someone else would of said yes and over charged.
The tomato soup was good.
Only two points disappointed:
No Wifi
Toilet I used downstairs the hand dryer did not work and there was no towels to dry my hands.
Also the wall underneath the hand dryer need TLC very dirty.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Have visited several times in the past year and have enjoyed food, have even recommended The Loft to others.
However, none of this counts for anything when you meet rude and uninterested staff.
When leaving our table I said “thanks, bye” to a waitress, I was completely ignored. I thought perhaps she didn’t see me. Moments later I ask the same waitress where the baby change facility was. I was answered with “we don’t have one.” My reply was “you have high chairs and no baby changing?” I was completely ignored. I realise then she is completely disinterested and rude, offering no sort of apology for the inconvenience. We are left to try and change a wriggly 18month old on the floor of a disabled toilet.
Baby Change units are £30 max
Probably less than the average spend of each of your lunch customers.
What I find so appalling is that this has been addressed previously and other negative reviews left. A reply from yourselves in 2012 states that you are looking into baby changing facilities. What happened?

6  Thank SarahKathryn2211
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Popped in for lunch having read the good reviews. Lovely mushroom soup and ham sandwich. Good service and nice surroundings. Set in a very interesting homeware shop with gorgeous furniture and decorative pieces.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Dropped in here when down for a walk from Crieff Hydro. We had a coffee and a scone which were nice. Great views from the cafe windows over the surrounding area. Also ended up spending £200 on a painting in the attached Home Furnishing shop so be aware that your coffee might cost more than you bargained for !!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We just went in for a coffee, but the cafe has a nice and cosy feel.Its part of a shop witch sells lovely pieces of driftwood furniture.