Lowest prices for your stay
$101
Free cancellation until 11/12/22
Hotels.com$100
Priceline$107
Agoda.com$108
All reviews theme park complimentary glass of wine afternoon tea m ds scones function suite ground floor walk in shower black pudding evening meal great value for money one night stay high standard agonda loch gary marquee
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2021 via mobile

The Xmas lunch today was lovely along with the service but there were only 2 small faults.
No mash with Turkey dinner
Pigs in blankets were cheap and nasty and undercooked I mentioned to waitress hopefully she passed this onto kitchen.
Have a lovely time and all the best for 2020.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2021 via mobile

I arrived here with my daughter today to be told at check in that we had been given a room near the party night venue and there might be some noise. We were also told there were no other rooms so we were stuck with it.

It is now 11.20pm and the music is blaring with people shouting and screaming outside our room.
I phoned along for the manager who came to our room and told me there's nothing he can do. Probably the rudest man I have ever met.
We can't even move to another hotel as all the nearby hotels are booked, so are stuck here with an early start in the morning for my daughter's dancing competition.

Don't stay here if you are looking for a peaceful night or decent customer service. Worst hotel I have ever been to.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ian Donnachie, General Manager at The Alona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments and of course I am disappointed that your stay was disturbed by the christmas party in our function suite. It is true that there were no rooms available for us to transfer you to and as the hotel has a large function suite it is inevitable that there would be noise and music coming from the christmas party.
At 11.20pm every one had checked in and I am not sure what you were expecting to happen other than secure a room in an hotel without a function on which i offered to do for you but you rejected.
Thank you for staying with us.
Ian donnachie
Alona Hotel

Reviewed 3 December 2021 via mobile

So today we are at the restaurant for our 3rd visit( 12 + of us .) Celebrating. I am sorry to say service was not up to scratch. Going on our previous visits we were Short changed.
No'"are you OK for drinks ?" Can we clear these empties away?
However others were waited on ??
We spent lots of money today with very little customer service in return.
We will now have to think twice about returning
Very unfortunate

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2021 via mobile

After checking in, we went to the restaurant for a late lunch. Now, hubby and I are admittedly overweight, however, we do not expect to be basically fat shamed at lunch. After some light banter about only having mains as we wouldn't be hungry for dinner, the person taking our order indicated that I would be fine if I had a serious illness as I had the weight to lose. To say I was speechless is an understatement.

On sitting down to dinner hubby tried to order a steak. Asking for it to be done medium well, he was told you get it the way the chef makes it. And when we asked how is that they didn't know.

Breakfast the next morning was a sparse affair with a limited choice however what was there was well cooked, one of the serving dishes lid was too hot to take off, there was hardly any bread or fruit juice, no milk arrived with the pot of tea and when asked the waiter finished clearing an empty table before bringing milk - however the young lad preparing the fried eggs could not have been more helpful, the only bright moment in the eating experience at the Alona. Needless to say we will not return.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2021

As a business user of this hotel I was unable to sleep on two consecutive Fridays due to hotel running parties in marquee out the back. Music excessively loud drunks shouting screaming in car parks . Poor management by hotel. Do ot book for a Friday night if you want to sleep and function at work.

Date of stay: November 2021