Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$148
Vio.com$148
eDreams$148
Agoda.com$149
Etrip$148
StayForLong
All reviews family wedding first class food was amazing huge bed steak pie from start to finish lovely room an overnight stay bed and breakfast family room venue meal menu function iron portions wardrobe
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2022

We attended Dalziel Park as a party of 21 for my grans 80th birthday, obviously booking in advance. The table was booked for 6:30, but we weren’t seated until 6:50, which if I’m honest felt like we were putting the staff out when we asked if our table was ready. A waiter then came and took our drinks order, but when receiving the order some of it was wrong, and my Son’s milk had ice in it (boke). This was dealt with promptly by the waiter. After this, another waiter informed us that there was no bananas for the desserts containing bananas, and no lentil soup (not a great big deal). 8 of us ordered Lamb Kofta’s for the starter and all was well. However, around 20 minutes after ordering, the waiter came back to the table informing us that there was no Lamb Kofta’s. 3 of the 8 were able to order alternative starters but 5, due to preference were not. Waiters began to bring the starters out and low and behold brought out 2 Lamb Kofta’s. When we advised his that our table was told there were no Lamb Kofta’s, he beratingly said that we were told there was only 2 left, not none!! 2 members of our party accepted the Kofta’s, only for the waiter to whip them away saying they were for another table (who arrived and ordered much later than we did). At this point, we asked to speak to a manager given that so many menu options were supposedly unavailable, and fair play to the waiter who was left to deal with it. He informed us that he would get the general manager to talk to us. He was off duty, so the duty manager would be over to speak to us. Co-incidentally, they had also gone off shift, appearing to have left no one in charge of the restaurant. The best that the poor waiter who had been left to mediate the situation could offer was to email the general manager, meaning no resolution for so many of our party who still hadn’t eaten. At this point, my poor Gran had had enough and didn’t want to be there spending more money on nothing short of crap service and crap food. As a result, we got up from the table, asked for the bill and began leaving. At this point, low and behold, as if by magic, there was a manager on duty to deal with our table (or if I’m being honest, shaft us and make sure we paid). When settling the bill, we were then presented with a bill of over £300. Bear in mind, 5 of us left without eating a bite, and not one of us had a full meal. When disputing this ridiculous bill, the ‘manager’ responded with “what, do you want me to pay for it?” Then adamantly denied having any knowledge of any complaint. Not a sorry to be had from him!!
I have never left a bad review for anywhere I have dined at before. However, I take exception to this as I do not appreciate being lied to and fobbed off, especially when intending to spend a substantial amount of money and no one can be arsed rectifying what could have been a relatively small issue.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 175claref
Reviewed 28 November 2022

We booked for a family meal for 6.30 pm when we arrived we were told table wasnt ready and had to wait till it was sorted then after we wait and got seated our drinks order was wrong and then about a half hour after we ordered our food we were told that they had some of the ordered food had run out and then proceeded to bring another tables food to ours and then sat it down and then took it away and told us that it was for another table that came in and sat down after us wont be back again

Room tip: Gi elsewhere if your wanting food
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 4 November 2022

So disappointed in the breakfast, first horrible brown plate, asked for egg to be turned but not hard, it was solid, mushrooms lovely taste but they where luke warm, beans roasting and tattie scone hard, the staff where so nice, the restaurant decor beautiful, such a let down.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2022

Good afternoon,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the breakfast you received. We always try to resolve any issues on the day so I am sorry if this wasn't the case. We do hope you will come back and visit again so we can show you this is not our usual standard.
Lisa Clark

Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

Food returned as dried out and barely warm. Fajitas were tasteless. Asked 3 times for glass of water. Portion size average at best. Surroundings were also a little cool with people eating with jackets on! Won't be back I'm afraid. Used to be good, now not.

Room tip: Avoid days with Weddings. Look to eat elsewhere I'm afraid
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank A6084CBdavidc
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2022

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your recent visit to Dalziel Park. I have forwarded this onto our General Manager and Head Chef to look into, We will certainly take your comments on board and we do hope to see you back again in future.
Amy

Reviewed 29 August 2022

Visited here for lunch with my friend and her daughter. We decided to have a few starters to share between us. Food was quick and the service was good. The staff interacted with my friends daughter and were friendly. It wasn't very busy but there was still a nice atmosphere. Will likely return.

Date of stay: July 2022
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2022

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit for lunch with us and received fast friendly service.
We hope to see you back again soon!
Amy