Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$144
Vio.com$144
Agoda.com$144
eDreams$144
Etrip$144
StayForLong
All reviews family wedding food was amazing huge bed steak pie from start to finish lovely room an overnight stay bed and breakfast family room venue meal menu function iron portions wardrobe
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2022

I lived locally to Dalziel Park and visited frequently. But since moving away 3 years ago I haven’t been able to return.

We visited on a Sunday afternoon, the restaurant was very quiet, and the waitress wanted to seat us next to the till area- I asked if we could sit at the window (almost all tables were empty) after some thought we were given a window table. The restaurant has been decorated and is looking fantastic.

Starters were fantastic, mains were also beautiful, although I preferred when steak pie was served individually rather than sliced from a larger pie which results in a mass of uncooked soggy pastry.

Desserts were disappointing, sticky toffee was a dry sponge, not very tasty! Pear and frangipane tart sounded lovely, but tart case tasted days old and was soggy rather than crisp as it should be. My apparel spritz wasn’t good, I could tell as soon as it was placed on the table it was wrong as it was the wrong colour, not enough aperol in the glass.

On the whole we had a lovely meal, good value- we’d try different desserts next time and drink wine or bottled drinks rather than any kind of cocktail.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2022

Good afternoon,

We are pleased that you were able to come back and visit us at Dalziel Park and appreciate you taking the the time to leave your review.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your meal. We do take all feedback on board so I will be sure to pass this on to the manager and head chef. We are just about to launch our new menu as we reopen 7 days a week.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2022

First the plus points: This is a nice enough hotel & it’s tucked away which makes it a quiet enough place to go. It is looking as if it needs a revamp though - quite dated- but still ok. Food was ok. However, the staff that we dealt with on 2 occasions this year just seemed very grumpy & had no pride in their work in general. Not directly rude to us but not once did I see them actually smile. Never experienced this before in any hotel. The room we stayed in was ok, but not worth the money. The second time we went to check out the venue to maybe book a function in the main room after calling up. The woman tasked with showing us around on the day actually sighed & made us feel as if we were disturbing her. She started the conversation as we walked through to the rooms by saying “Nobody told ME you were coming”. She then pointed into the large room & walked away. Needless to say we’ve held our function elsewhere.
Maybe the staff were under stress behind the scenes that we didn’t see? Whatever was going on they really need to somehow change that. I don’t like leaving negative reviews & understand that the hospitality trade has had a rough time recently but this hotel needs an overhaul & staff morale boost.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2022

Hi Tommy, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to hear you have not fully enjoyed your experiences at Dalziel Park. Our staff are currently gearing up and enthusiastic that we will soon be back open seven days a week. Hopefully you will give us another chance and come back and visit us again soon! Kind regards, Amy

Reviewed 6 April 2022

Great venue lots of friendly staff food was superb prices very reasonable great experience all round would highly recommend rooms where very comfortable and clean too breakfast in the morning was superb too ………………………./……………………………………………………….

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2022

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the wedding you attended with us and overnight stay. We always aim to deliver a high standard of food and service so I am happy this was the case. I will pass this onto the team.

Reviewed 4 April 2022

Came here yesterday for breakfast with my family. Was greeted by an older woman who was at the door of the restaurant who asked if we had booked a table, which we hadn't done. She rolled her eyes and rushed off which was a bad impression from the onset, if she would have been polite and said you guys should really have booked we would have understood. She took us to the table and rushed off again. When we were ordering I ordered the breakfast and asked if i could have no mushroom, black pudding or tomato, again rolled her eyes, I asked if i could swap these out for an extra egg- she jumped straight down my throat saying i would have to pay extra for it, which we thought was a joke considering i asked to remove half the breakfast. Constantly checking her watch when my 10 year old brother was deciding what to drink. Then they didnt bring the extra potato scone over and we couldnt get a hold of anyone to ask for it. When we had finished we waited 30 minutes for someone to come tidy up and get the bill, i eventually had to get up and go ask as we felt we were getting ignored. Staff to busy focusing on wedding party that were in rather than guests. Breakfast was really good but the service totally put us off from coming again, wish i knew the womans name but didnt seem to have a name badge on.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank laurencr
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2022

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. At the moment we only offer breakfast at the weekend so we tend to be very busy as it has always been popular at Dalziel Park. When you arrived we agree you should have been greeted in a welcoming manner and advised in a polite way regarding booking a table. When we have spoken with the member of staff they are extremely embarrassed that they have come across in this manner and send their sincere apologies as this was never their intention.
In order for the kitchen to deliver a smooth service unfortunately we are unable to substitute items on our full breakfast however we always have the facility to build your own itemised breakfast.
Once again we are sorry that our service didn't meet our usual standard and all feedback has been taken on board.

Reviewed 14 March 2022 via mobile

Disappointing room, while not bad I would not book again. The shower room was very cramped. Not enough shelves to put toiletries on, no shower mat to step out on to, no light over mirror. Limited privacy as people kept passing outside the bedroom window. The food though was excellent and the staff very attentive and menu reasonably priced. Beautiful grounds and easy parking. Ok for an overnight stay.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lisa Clark, Sales at Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2022

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I will pass this onto our general manager. We appreciate any feedback which will help us improve on our guests experience. We aim to provide great food and service so we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal.
We hope that you will give us another try in future.