Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 09/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$66
Travelocity$66
Lol.travel$89
All reviews toby carvery next door stayed here strathclyde park theme park sofa bed breakfast was included would stay again lovely breakfast excellent value for money family room motorway glasgow highlands loch
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2022

Lovely welcoming staff and all cheerful. Room lovely, bar and menu basic but food great. Thank you Hannah and Mark and well done. I hope you realise just having smiling faces makes all the difference to us that have been driving hours! Thank you

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Laura Murphy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2022

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

Spent a night here a couple of weeks ago and very disappointed with the overall condition of the place. Carpets in the corridors were very dirty and the one in our room was grubby and stained ( couldn’t see the full extent of this until the morning as we arrived late and the lighting is subdued). Shower was missing the cap over the drain so could see and smell it was dirty when used. No toiletries in the shower dispenser. On arrival had to ask for extra pillows as only one per person provided, bedding creased and not welcoming but relatively clean . Had to clean bedside tables with wipes as sticky and dirty. Sofa was tired and stained - thank goodness wasn’t needed as an extra bed! Breakfast the following morning was very disappointing - dirty plates , cups and cutlery. Floor sticky and covered in crumbs etc from previous night( we were there at 6.45 am so couldn’t have been from breakfast service) When checking out I mentioned my concerns to receptionist but she said she was new and didn’t know what else to do other than note them on computer. Voiced these issues on a survey I received and received a perfunctory response saying these would be noted and passed on. Definitely won’t return.

Room tip: Better accommodation to be found locally for similar price
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2022

Hello, Stella W

Thank you for leaving your review on our property and choosing us for your say. We will definitely use your observations to improve our service and facilities. I shared your review with our management team. Our staff will review all your concerns as soon as possible. I offer you my humble apology for the details you mentioned. Nothing makes us happier than delivering the best experience to our beloved guests.

Our staff would love to serve you again and show you the improvements based on your comments and opinion.

Please visit again soon!

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 1 August 2022 via mobile

On arrival the check in was prompt and the room clean with everything we needed. That unfortunately is where the cleanliness stops. The lobby area was filthy, breakfast was very poorly organised. The tables were dirty, the cutlery was filthy. I had to ask for clean cutlery and someone to clean down the tables. The food was sparse and cold.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2022

Hi Carole B,

It's a pleasure to host your stay during your visit in the area.

IHG Hotels & Resorts is committed to meeting our IHG Clean Promise, I'm sorry we missed the mark this time. Your feedback is important to us and I shared this with our hotel management to ensure that appropriate steps will be taken.

I hope you give us the chance to turn things around the next time you stay with us. Stay safe!

Bhele B.
eMedia Coordinator
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 July 2022

First off, I believe Americans will see this hotel differently than Europeans. As an American I found the hotel to be what you expect for a Holiday Inn express. The difference was the rooms are smaller. I know that is a European things so I wasn't surprised nor disappointed. The bathroom and room were very clean. We had adequate towels and received more upon request as needed. The staff, especially Nikki, was very helpful in suggesting places to go and foods to try. This hotel is in a public transportation desert so be ready to drive or call a taxi. We caught a taxi to the local train station and stayed out all day place to place. The amusement park and the lake are walking distance from the hotel, so it was a fun place to hang out in the evening. On he weekend you can catch boat races and soccer games behind the hotel or just have a picnic.
Plan ahead getting to the airport because traffic is nuts like New York. Everyone was kind no matter where we went. The breakfast was good. We ate our fill of bacon and eggs.
My daughter and I look forward to returning.

Room tip: get a room in back facing the soccer field up high
Date of stay: June 2022
2  Thank F1998HHtarah
Reviewed 27 June 2022 via mobile

We booked in this dog friendly hotel for one night , so pleased with our room and the breakfast was ok , did keep running out of things but eventually filled up . It’s in beautiful surroundings with a lovely lake just around the back of the hotel and straight onto the motorway to continue our journey . Will certainly stay again on our way to visit friends , highly recommend

Room tip: Lots of parking
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple