Lowest prices for your stay
$95
$94
Travelocity$95
Priceline$95
Lol.travel$121
All reviews stayed here toby carvery theme park sofa bed would stay again breakfast was included lovely breakfast excellent value for money cooked breakfast motorway highlands loch
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2022

We have just had a one night stay here and, after reading some very negative reviews, have been pleasantly surprised. We checked in very quickly and were welcomed by a very pleasant member of staff. The hotel is spotless. First impression was the fresh smell of cleaning products as we came out of the lift. Rooms are not huge but perfectly adequate for two people. Bedrooms seem to have been recently refurbished, bathroom with walk in shower and lovely big white fluffy towels was very good. Breakfast was piping hot, replenished frequently and the two young folk clearing tables and filling up food, crockery etc did a great job. Will definitely use hotel again.

Date of stay: June 2022
Stuart Wark, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2022

HolidaymakerAyrshire, Glad to read that you had a blast! We looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

My best,

Stuart

Reviewed 6 June 2022

Arrived with family and were allocated two rooms. My brother in law upon opening room door was surprised to find an open suitcase on the bed and personal items on the table. Immediately left room, returned to reception to explain situation which appeared to cause a panic with staff. No sensible explanation as to how this could have happened but another room was allocated. Rooms were clean and comfortable for our stay. Breakfast was a shambles. Although the hotel was busy there is no excuse for tables being left uncleared and cleaned for over half an hour, in fact some tables were not cleared in the time we were in the breakfast room. There appeared to be plenty staff but no management directing them. The hotel provides good value for money but it does appear to lack a leader who can manage to the standard required.

Date of stay: June 2022

MNic55, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience with us and I can assure you this is not the standards that I have for the hotel.
We are all human and the member of staff who allocated your room has obviously just made a mistake but I’m glad this was rectified quickly.
As we are a fairly small team our team have a lots of different tasks to do especially during breakfast- I do certainly agree the turn around on tables should be faster and I will be sure to speak to everyone on expectations that I have for this. We do also have a few new staff members who are still finding their feet with the job which I’m sure would not be the case should you stay with us again.

Kindest regards,

Stuart

Reviewed 23 May 2022

Myself & family stayed here for a few days while visiting family on arrival we were greeted by Mark on reception who made us feel welcome. We were given two rooms on the second floor rooms were lovely and clean beds were comfortable, we didn't have an iron in our room and an ironing board in the other room went to see Mark on reception who was very apologetic and sorted it straight away nothing was to much trouble for him done everything he could to help. Breakfast buffet was lovely especially the scrambled eggs there was a variety of things to choose from I would definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stuart Wark, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2022

Janet B , I love to hear that! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments about wee Mark made his day. See you next time!

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

Husband booked this monstrosity a convenient stop off traveling from Scotland to Wales. He didn’t check reviews. We arrived to the room but didn’t check it as we required an evening meal. The Carvery that he had been told was at the Hotel was across the car park and it was a Toby. Sadly although it was 18.30pm the Carvery had no food due to supply issues (another Brexit story and and all you can eat weekend).
Returning to the room after we had eventually eaten, it was then noticeable that the room wasn’t clean. The bathroom was soiled & stained with red hair dye and possible shaving foam and tooth paste dribbles. There were questionable splashes on the outer of the shower cubical next to the toilet. The shower frame was a collection port for ‘gunk’. Quite shocking given that the bathroom looked like it had been fairly recently upgraded.
Generally the room looked grubby and in need of a good clean to remove splash marks from walls behind tea & coffee area and bin area.
Breakfast was included but by this time I had read the reviews so we didn’t bother.
I don’t think I’m their target guest group tbh. The 2nd floor room was so hot overnight neither of us rested well despite the windows being opened to the full inch or so the safety locks would allow. Wild horses would not see me using a Holiday Inn again if this is the usual level of cleanliness & hygiene.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Cachetini, I’m disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. No where on our website does it state that the Carvery is anything to do with the hotel so I’m confused why you would mention it in a review about the hotel? I’m saddened to read that you had an issue with your room. If you had let us know at the time, we could have done our best to rectify your problems. By law the windows must be on safety restrictors, however again if you let us know we could have provided a fan to help cool the room. If you change your mind about the wild horses and decide to use us again, please contact the hotel directly before booking.

Best,

Stuart Wark

Reviewed 8 May 2022

A one night stopover on our way North, enjoyed the visit and must say that this is excellent value for money, only problem was a stained bed sheet which was duly noted by the receptionist, would stay again if accommodation needed in the area.

Date of stay: May 2022

Lakesholly, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I’m glad to read you had a good stay with us. I’m happy that the bedding issue didn’t stain your overall experience. See you next time!