Brisbane House Hotel
US$ 106
US$ 124
US$ 66
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbrisbane houseitison dealsea viewjacuzzi bathan upgradeon arrivalwedding venuelovely hotelfunction suitefront facingexecutive roomcourse mealan overnight staysteak piebooked this hotelwalk in showerfood was lovely
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Arrived here early April as part of our Easter Cruise, we pulled up in our Taxi and thought ...Ding Dang Doo....We walked into the Reception and I thought Ding Dang Doo as the Scrumptious Maureen was behind the desk . We were issued the keys and Bimbled upto our rooms on the first floor, after stripping down to my new pants so i could cope with the heat I scrambled to the Air Conditioner to try and reduce the temperature of the room to a simmer, AVAST I heard a little voice in my head, where is the remote control for this....and you can imagine my dissapointment when there wasn't one. Not to worry i'll flash up my Laptop and get on the Mushroom site....CHECK AWAY...couldn't pick up the WI-FI...oh dear. Apart from these irritating defects i did sleep well and i did enjoy the fantastic breakfast and i did enjoy looking at Maureen as i checked out, Once the heat issue is resolved and the remote controls for the Chillers are left in the room then this is an acceptable place to stay. SAT.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I and my fellow ship mates stopped off in Largs as part of our Easter Cruise. We were really looking forward to our stay at the Brisbane. First impressions were admirable. A lovely contemporary lobby and a very charming receptionist. At this point we couldn’t wait to see our rooms. Then the very charming receptionist directed us to our rooms. We knew something was wrong when she told us we were out the back. I got to my room, initially things looked good, and then I closed the door. My god the heat hit me, it was hotter than the sun. Great I thought I have air conditioning. Yes I had air conditioning, but no way to control it. Ok I open the window, no can’t do that because of the kitchen noise. The longer I stayed in the room, the more I saw that wasn’t up to the same standard as the lobby. Some of the following are defects I can report: Random screws sticking out of the wall, stains on the ceiling and a random hole in the ceiling. The bed was very uncomfortable and with a classy plastic cover. The wi-fi could not be picked up in the room, I was only on the first floor. I’m sad to report all my ship mates had the same sort of shoddy standards.
I just wish our rooms were up to the same standard as their lobby and staff. Some of the rooms look really nice but, be warned some are not.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank grumpyoldgunner
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night in February, we got it for the bargain price of £59 for B&B, which, overall, was excellent value for money. We booked the non-refundable option.

Our room was nice and it had a huge bathroom, only gripe being there was no bath (room 103.)

The Receptionist was very nice and pleasant as was the bar staff.

We ordered breakfast to our room (only an extra £3 pp tray charge) and well worth it as they stop serving breakfast at 9.30, which is a bit early after a night out!

Overall, lovely location, lovely hotel and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: You have to get a front facing!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Just spent the last two nights in this hotel sharing a front facing twin room with a friend.
Bargain price at 55GBP per night (including breakfast).
Clean and tidy hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was great for me - full scottish the first morning and eggs benedict the second. Also choice of Continental (but why would anyone choose that over a full Scottish??).
The room price was discounted at time of booking due to us willing to take the "non refundable if cancelled" option, which is why I mentioned it being a bargain price.
Just a little niggle though, maybe something could be done with the pointless dark brown wooden piece of wood that has been placed onto the bedroom wall (bathroom wall). When I say pointless piece of wood, it is there for the reason of hiding a hole in the wall, but unfortunately, it fails to do this - so a piece of wood attached to the wall plus a hole below that piece of wood... come on guys ;-)
Terrific shower, terrific room service, terrific views, terrific heating, terrific TV reception (yes, I've read some previous comments!!) and overall a very nice room.
Overall a great stay, great customer service from all staff and a very well organised and run hotel - compliments to all who made our stay very enjoyable. nearly forgot.... we stayed in room 102.
Enjoy the Brisbane House Hotel

Room Tip: obviously ask for a sea view... and if making reservation, also ask for the non refundable rate (but only if you have no intention of cancelling).
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We went here for a possibly wedding venue and ended up staying the night... we decided it wasnt for us but loved what they had done with the new part of the hotel with all the gorgeous chandeliers and glass fronts.... the rooms were ok and really big but we felt the room could do with a little TLC as the tiles were cracked and the papering coming away slightly..Although this may seen as minor things i feel when you are paying for things you expect the best.. Having said this the food we had for dinner was excellent and so was the service we recieved from the server.... breakfast in the morning was really good and the views from the room were stunning right out across to Millport. I think this venue could be stunning if they done the old part of the hotel up to look as good as the new part.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
managmentLargs, General Manager at Brisbane House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Thank you for your honest and frank review. It is only through such frankness we hope to improve our product.

Within the next few months the proprietor is planning an upgrade of bathrooms so we can erradicate the niggly cracked tiles. After a long battle the manufacturer of our corridor wall paper has admitted liability for substandard paper and this will be replaced soon.