“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Kilbride
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I received a voucher for the hotel for Christmas and managed to get a room booked although did have to pay an extra £15 for a twin room (was there with a friend). The room had not been upgraded which was a little disappointing and there was work going on under our first floor window (restaurant extention I think). We had access to the spa which was good although the jacuzzi was cold! We booked into the Aura restaurant and the staff there were extremely attentive and helpful. The food was stunning, We shared our starters which were lovely. I then had the Moules et Frites and my friend had the gratin of smoked haddock. Both meals were absolutely delicious! It was the highlight of our stay. Neither of us slept very well and I put this down to high winds. It was very noisy due to this so no a restful sleep.
Overall a lovely hotel and would like to stay in a refurbished room the next time.

Room Tip: Try and ensure you have a refurbished room. Definitely book into the Aura Restaurant, it was gorgeo...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I would like to say thankyou to Amanda who recommended the cakes and served us with a lovely manner and smile, we will be back

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I booked in to the Seamill Hydro for a couple of night for my cousins wedding. I knew that this hotel had a great reputation as I grew up in the local area, but have since moved away, we were not disappointed.

When we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, when booking our room, my husband had forgotten to state that I am gluten intollerant, so when we mentioned this at reception they said it wouldn't be a problem. The room we got was lovely, clean and spacious, no sea view, but that wasn't something we were bothered about, nor had requested.

When we went down to have dinner that evening we explained about my gluten intolerance, we were again assured that this wouldn't be a problem. Our server consulted with the chefs in the kitchen, who advised what I could and could not eat, which still left plenty of choice.

Breakfast the next morning was also very good, it was a buffet style event with plenty of gluten free choices for me, and I was also able to request gluten free toast. We made use of the hotel pool, sauna and jacuzzi on the morning before the wedding, which was really lovely and a great way to relax before the wedding itself. I was also able to book in to get my nails done at very short notice.

The venue is quite famous in the local area for weddings, and the views of the Firth of Clyde make it an ideal back drop for this sort of event.

All in all this is a great hotel, with lovely friendly staff, excellent food and excellent facilities. I would highly recommend a stay at the Seamill Hydro.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Hydro is an ideal place for a short break or a longer holiday with the facilities you would expect of a Spa hotel. It is unpretentious, friendly and well worth the money. Built on the shore at Seamill many rooms have unrestricted sea views. Food is plentiful and well cooked with more than one restaurant. Staff are pleasant and very helpful.

Room Tip: Always ask for a sea view
Argyll
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

After our ferry sailing was cancelled for our trip home we found ourselves having to find accommodation for the night. We "turned up" at the hotel on spec and were given a lovely refurbished room for the price of £58 including breakfast. There were a number of other people in the same situation and next morning the hotel laid on a contiential breakfast for us at 6.00 am outwith their normal breakfast times of 7..00 to 10.00 to allow us to catch the first ferry. As it happens, all ferry sailings were cancelled the next day also and we had to rebook for another night. We were advised that they could only give us a non-refurbished room but for the same price. There was very little difference between the non and refurbished. Personally, I preferred the non-refurnished - larger room, separate settee to sit on. The only noticeable difference was an older-style TV.

I mentioned at Reception on the second night that 6.00 am for breakfast was kind of tight for catching the ferry and they reorganised the time to 5.30 am.

Plaudits to the staff. They could not have been more helpful. Nothing negative to say about this hotel all. A credit as an advert for visitors to this part of the country.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Kilbride
Lauriston Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ardrossan
21.6 km away
Piersland House Hotel

Been to Seamill Hydro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK