All reviews kippers breakfast room ferry terminal guest lounge goat pre order short walk excellent accommodation within easy walking distance bed was very comfortable comfortable stay first class other guests home from home cooked breakfast faith donald
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We've stayed at Carrick Lodge a few times and have always found it comfortable and welcoming. This time we were there as a family and it really feels like a home from home. Rooms are comfortable and relaxing. Great views over the bay to Goatfell from the front bedrooms, dining room and guest lounge. Plenty of choice at breakfast, especially for kipper lovers, which is a highlight of the stay.

One of our favourite places.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Faith1303, Owner at Carrick Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Always a pleasure to have you stay.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights with friends , we were able to check in as soon as we arrived off the ferry. The rooms are spacious, the beds very comfy and the breakfast is excellent with loads of choice. An upstairs guest sitting room has fantastic views over the bay . The owner and her staff are friendly and welcoming, a perfect place to stay!

Room tip: The ones overlooking the bay have the best views
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you. So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

All 4 friends stayed at Carrick Lodge and it was first class. The manse had beautiful bedrooms and a dining room and lounge overlooking Goatfell. Its slightly uphill on the road to Lamlash but well worth the short walk from the Ferry.
Breakfast was very nice.
The owners are friendly and informative.
Hope to go back soon.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The room was great for our needs (with a super view) and the breakfasts were fantasically filling! The hospitality from the team was great and were they excellent in assisting with our walking of the Arran coastal way. Not only did they put up with our continuing wet returns to base, but they were a great help in assisting with drying everything off and a tremendous encouragement to us, with a real interest in each day's adventures. A broken hairdryer was replaced very promptly and nothing was too much trouble for the team.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

In short, this guest house is excellent. I arrived at 11am straight off the ferry (1 minute in the car from the terminal and Brodick village centre) and was allowed to park up an check in. I received a friendly welcome from a young lady and was shown to my room. The room was extremely comfortable and well-equipped, including tea and coffee facilities.

After going off to visit Goat Fell and visit the pretty village centre of Brodick, I came back for a wash and a nap. The bed was very comfortable and I drifted off almost instantly, and I remember not wanting to leave it on waking up for dinner.

I also had a chat with Faith, who is an excellent proprietress. She asked me about my day and was very relaxed about me coming and going with muddy boots as and when I pleased.

The bathroom was very clean and stocked with all the expected toiletries. The shower was powerful and towels were plentiful.

You can choose what you would like for breakfast from a list provided in the room - just ensure you leave it downstairs for the team the night before.

I would definitely stay in this guest house again - the high levels of comfort, service, breakfast quality and value mean that this is an excellent accommodation proposition for any type of tourist.

Thanks to everyone for making my stay so enjoyable! I will definitely return!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Faith1303, Owner at Carrick Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and made the most of your short trip to our wonderful island. We will look forward to seeing you again.