“Excellent holiday cottage - just as advertised...”
other travellers have booked this property
Stunning open plan dining area Open plan kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Stunning open plan dining area
Open plan kitchen
Dining table to seat up to 8 guests
Snug sitting room with wood burning stove
Ground floor bathroom with roll top bath
Shower room on first floor level
First floor landing
Family bedroom with high loft bed and a super king sized bed
High loft bed suitable for little ones.
Double bedroom on first floor
Smart TV
Perfect dining area outside
Front garden
Decked patio which is accessed directly though large sliding doors
Patio area with plenty of seating round the fire pit
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Andrea R
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Average Cottage in good location”
Reviewed 18 July 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I think we arrived on the coldest day of the year and there was no heating on so it took a few hours to warm up, the cottage next door was being renovated so the builders had taken up all the parking area outside so we had to park quite a distance away so unloading and loading the car was inconvenient, the cottage itself was pretty average, I've stayed in far better for the money, but the location was pretty good, there's everything in the village that you need.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
23 Jul 2018
Dear Andrea,
I am so sorry the heating was not on for your arrival . It is a very efficient system and it normally only takes 10 mins to heat up . I can see you had a last minute booking and we offered you a discount , you paid £565.00 for your weeks accommodation. The builders have finished next door now and so parking should not be a problem for future guests. I am so sorry they had parked in front of the cottage and this was a problem for you
P K
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent holiday cottage - just as advertised and more than met our family needs.”
Reviewed 31 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

The location of this cottage was perfect for our needs. It was 'Tardis' like, great inside and outside space, ample room for everyone.
The facilities provided were comprehensive and the house was well prepared for our arrival.
Would thoroughly recommend this cottage to friends or anyone looking for a family base to explore this beautiful area. Thank you.

5 Jun 2018
Ah , we are so delighted you loved Driftwood and look forward to seeing you and you friends again soon.
Gillian , Coast Properties
MrsMoley
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Handy for local amenities and lovely walks”
Reviewed 11 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

The cottage is only a few minutes walk from a good pub and steak restaurant, as well as the well stocked Co-Op and fabulous butcher.

The river walk from the cottage is a delight and a short drive to Tyninghame takes you to a wonderful beach. Coffee at the old Smithy afterwards in the village was fab.

We had some issues with the shower at the cottage and Gillian came round straight away and sorted them out.

The oven is a challenge in that all the settings have been cleaned off the front so it involves a lot of guesswork! The shelves were not particularly clean - I recommend Oven Pride!

The extractor was broken which caused the very sensitive smoke alarms to go off. The frying pan has seen better days and needs replacing and more glassware would be useful.

Overall though, we had a lovely time at Driftwood Cottage.

11 May 2018
I am delighted you enjoyed the cottage and all that East Linton offers. I wish I had know that we needed to bring more wine glasses , I would have brought them round with me . Thank you to for letting us know the extractor needs to be fixed ...I look forward to seeing you and your 2 beautiful dogs next time
John R
“Perfect week away”
Reviewed 12 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I am just home from a fantastic week away, the stay was excellent. the property was of a very high standard and was exceptionally clean. Such a lovely peaceful area, the house was very cosy. highly recommended.

21 Feb 2018
We are delighted you enjoyed your holiday at Driftwood and look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.
stuartyma...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The cleanliness leave much to be desired.”
Reviewed 16 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

The actual village East Linton is a pretty place with adequate local amenities. local pub the Crown Inn is very friendly and serves good homely food. The cottage itself is in a good location however the cleanliness was nothing short of shocking. The cooker was absolutely disgusting and had obviously not been cleaned by either the previous occupants or the designated house "cleaners". Not ideal when you have just followed Christmas dinner.There was also numerous stains on the stair carpets which had not been addressed. There was a foul smell in the kitchen area and I am guessing was either a burst sewer or leaking waste unit. One plus is that the linen on the beds was fresh. When we moved an armchair we discovered a babies dummy and on the side of the sofa we found a packet of beechams flu capsules, thankfully it was all adults in this let or had a child obtained these it might have been a different issue. Again this was obvious that the cleaners had merely done a wipe over rather than a deep clean. I had contacted the owner however she offered very little in the way of an apology or compensation. Its disappointing when the first thing you are faced with on your holiday is cleaning an oven so that you can eat. Happy to supply photographs of the issues discovered.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
18 Jan 2018
Dear Stuart, I am really surprised and saddened that you have written this review. We spoke on the phone and you told be about the oven. I apologized and I asked if you would like me to send the cleaners round to the property right away and you said not to worry . We have an emergency contact number on our phone system which means that you could have called the cleaners directly too their contact number is also listed in our welcome pack.., just in case. We use professional cleaners and they would have returned immediately to rectify the areas ensuring your stay was at it should have been. I am so sorry you have been disappointed and saddened that you did not let us sort the problem.

Gillian
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing