All reviews enid blyton pirate ship outdoor pool meal times adventure playground secret escapes pitch and putt games room studland bay dog friendly hotel family hotel table tennis steam room tennis courts bygone age courtyard room listening service
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Knoll house few years ago and really enjoyed it, so decided to treat ourselves this year.
Unfortunately we left very disappointed, it is absolutely different "style"of service. It is not worthy to pay such a big amount of money and get 1 star service, breakfast and dinner was really bad in comparison we had few years ago. H

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Raimonda S
Amy S, General Manager at Knoll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Raimonda

Thank you for your comments and I am so sorry that you feel unsure if you would come back again, I am sorry that you did not seem to take the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a member of the management team or on check out

I fully appreciate your concerns and as we were unaware of your complaint in detail we are unable to rectify

Have a lovely week

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We arrived at 3 pm check-in time to be told that we had been allocated a garden room instead of the sea view room that we had booked. The receptionist said it would take around a half an hour to sort out our room and told us to sit in the lounge. An offer of a cup of tea would have been nice for our inconvenience, but after about 20 minutes he told us to go and buy ourselves a drink in the bistro. Our room was eventually ready at 4 pm. We had paid extra for a sea view room, but were given a room with a balcony at the side of the hotel. I didn’t complain as after waiting an hour for this room I just wanted to settle in. We had a three course dinner which was nice, but the buffet breakfast was excellent with a large variety of foods. I cannot comment on the leisure facilities at the hotel as we were given no information at reception and there was no information booklet in our room. All the staff were pleasant and friendly. We did enjoy our stay after the bad start.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room but were given a room above the dining room, which was noisy until around 10 pm.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

All our waiters (Jesús, Eduard and Alex) were very efficient, well mannered and friendly and the food was well cooked and presented nicely. The quality of the food and presentation had certainly improved since our last stay.

Tracey in housekeeping was also very helpful if there was an issue with the rooms!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Esmee217ta

Dear Esmee

Thank you for your review the team will be delighted to read your comments and to know that you have taken the time to mention them personally

We do hope that we see you soon

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Oh dear - I believe that the new owners have good intentions to revive this bygone age hotel and have begun with the refurbished Bistro. I wanted to love it but our visit was sadly disappointing.
The decor is at best confusing but worse was the overall experience, which was like sensory overload. Bistro tables and benches and chairs ok, a nice teal colour on the walls but then mixed with four different colour fabric roman blinds, different colour/style light fittings (didn't count them but at least 30 plus hanging lights), blue/beach washed wooden floor and orange and pink paintings on the wall (these were lovely) but the mix of design was just too much and just missed the mark.
The room was busy and the echo was such that it was almost painful to sit there. Every time a child squealed it ran through your ears - really need something to deaden the sound.
The food was nothing to write home about; ham, egg and chips ok, burgers would have been better for some simple seasoning but had the oddest garlic cheesy bread I have ever had. I think it had been blow torched round the edges and was essentially just a slice of bread with barely melted cheese.
The waiters were lack lustre and I suspect out of their depths, although this is not a big bistro so not sure what the challenge was. The service was poor, we waited 1 hour and 10 minutes to be served a simple lunch order. Fawlty Towers springs to mind

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank SHy141

Dear SHy141

Thank you for your comments i will ensure that the comments regarding the decor is passed to our professional company designers

I do apologise that you felt so negative about various items of your visit

Reviewed 30 March 2018

As a wedding gift, my husband and I received an afternoon tea voucher at the bistro at this hotel. We had both been meaning to visit for years as it is a beautiful hotel and were really looking forward to our afternoon tea. Well...
I'm not normally one to write reviews but as we left so disappointed, I wanted to leave my feedback. We were booked in for 3.30, arrived a few minutes early to an array of dirty tables and one moody looking waiter, who eventually acknowledged us and told us we could sit anywhere. After 5 minutes sat down, he brought us our champagne over (which turned out to be the highlight of the afternoon tea...) and at 3.50 we were given our afternoon tea consisting of stale sandwiches, scones (my husband enjoyed these) chocolate brownies which were pleasant and 2 shot glasses of a cream and raspberry coulis mixture which looked appealing but tasted of nothing. The waiter did not go out of his way to exceed our expectations, in fact he didn't look as though he wanted to be there at all. We left at 4.15, very very disappointed, we do not recommend and will certainly not be going back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank amanda0409

Dear Amanda

Whilst it is no excuse we were rather busy on that day and due to this the team did try there best to rectify as soon as tables became free

David the supervisor on duty did try his best and I apologise he obviously wasn't quick enough

I will pass you comments regarding the sandwiches and coulis to the chef