See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Very damp smells damp tv very old damp patches on the ceiling bed felt damp will not be returning not very good value for £73 a night
Next time I will read the reviews before booking up friends room also was very damp and bathroom was smelly

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank hillary18818
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Was a bit worried after reading other reviews but, on arriving, the chap in reception was very pleasant and very helpful with local knowledge. Yes, the decor is very tired but our room was spotless and the showers we had in the morning were hot and powerful. Breakfast was absolutely fine and the staff were very friendly and happy to help. Heard people complaining about road noise - well it is on a main road, but it's Easton on Portland, hardly the M5, I never heard a thing!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank SheenaGloucester
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We knew we were taking a chance on booking this place but as we needed somewhere at very short notice as we had to travel to see a sick relative. We had no choice.
We didn't like....
The musty smell in the room and corridor.
How dirty the room was.
The milk/coffee container had been used as an ashtray and it stunk.
We would have to have been jet washed if the shower curtain came into contact with our skin.
The huge stain, from God knows what, on the nasty mattress.
The cups that I had to clean before they could be used. Which we didn't use due to the ash smelling coffee sachets.
The snot on the damp stained curtains.
Breakfast. We sat at a table for four and just managed to find cutlery clean enough for the two of us. I think the sausage and bacon were probably the cheapest they could find.
5 star Hygiene certificate............not so sure.
The fact that there was no one to complain to in the morning when we had to leave our key.
We did like the space in the disabled bathroom although we are not disabled.

4  Thank Mick C
Reviewed 24 July 2017

It needs a total re-vamp to be honest, a little musty smelling and very basic, but I found the staff friendly and the location excellent. The room was big and clean other than musty smelling bedding. the food was not great, and the cook poked her head round the door a couple of times, I smiled at her which was totally ignored - Being honest I'd strip the place and start again - and ditch the cook!

Room tip: I'd skip breakfast and not expect too much
1  Thank OxfordNigelandsam
Reviewed 11 July 2017

room location on ground floor (good as my wife has knee problem)basic facilities, clean and at the price acceptable breakfast was the norm -cereals toast or a selection of cooked plenty of hot coffee as this was a weekend visit for a local gardens open days it was suitable for a one night stop over
fair for the price

Room tip: no lift in this hotel
1  Thank davidjwguest