Newlands Holidays
Kerrington House(Axminster)
The Greyhound(Bridport)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolsoft playsun holidayon sitelyme regisholiday parkthe pearlevening entertainmentwest bayrestaurant barcharmouth beachnice sitetouring caravanfamily holidayshower blockgreat facilitiesplay park
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Just got back from a week away there in our touring caravan. It's a great site - but ideally you need a motor mover on your caravan as the pitches are tiered so we were ok. However if you haven't the staff are great and will help you move your caravan in to place if required.

Lovely clean site, ideally located for exploring the Jurassic Coast of Dorset and lots for the kids to do. Will definitely be returning - we had a fantastic holiday!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank VickyVM
NewlandsHP, Reception Team at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for your positive, lovely review Vicky. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the site and are hopefully coming back to stay :). We are really lucky with the location of the park, it is nice to hear you made full use of this! We look forward to your return, kind regards, Newlands.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

"Last night I dreamt I wasn't sleeping in a lightless, prison cell size room again". But no, I woke up and was in one of the static caravans at Newlands holiday park! We booked the Broadchurch caravan because it was described as new and spacious. We felt compromised over how much it cost but thought we would go for it; there wasn't much choice left and after looking at the photos on line we thought it would be worth it. But no, our caravan bedrooms bore no resemblance to the photos on line! You literally would not be able to walk around the bed if you were more than a size 16! I am an avid reader and to my surprise there were no reading lights. It was an expensive caravan so I thought there would have been a small recess with an LED bulb in it. I should not have assumed this! Around the caravans there was an unkempt look with lots of weeds and a breeze blocks propping up the caravan. Hence sitting out on the picnic bench was uninspiring.

I have given this holiday an average rating though because the staff were fantastic and the food was lovely in the restaurant. We saw the perseids shooting stars one night which was really exciting. They keep the outside lighting to a minimum so as to reduce light pollution. Also, surrounding countryside and beach lovely. Great venue for a holiday - I just wish I had not got swayed by the " new caravan" hype. An older, cheaper one would have been better!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NewlandsHP, Reception team at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Aruna

Thank you for your feedback, we take all comments from guests on board.
I'm glad you got to see shooting stars whilst here. Our Broadchurch caravans are 2016 12ft models and our largest hire vans on site, perhaps you would of been better suited in one of our 3 bedroom lodges rather then the caravan. Using breeze blocks to support the static caravans is standard practice in this industry, sorry to hear you thought this was uninspiring. The staff work very hard on site including the kitchen and i will pass on your
kind comments.
Kind regards
Newlands

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Had a weeks stay in a caravan, it was clean and the bed linen was freshly laundered. View from the main window was amazing.
Downside was the hill climb to get to the caravan, but that's why the view was so good.
It isn't really suitable for people with mobility issues, like my parents, unless you are prepared to drive them up and down the hill each time they want to go for a walk, which of course I did.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shazjules

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and didn't let the hill bring a halt to your holiday. Hopefully we will be welcoming you back soon. kind regards, Newlands

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Cheek in was conducted by a miserable man with no information about the park given to me. Warden took us to our pitch which was near shower block as requested. Showers were dirty and the drains inside the shower were smelly. On the second morning I was disgusted that someone had left one of the sinks covered in brown matter!! The park was busy during the week end I stayed with children running around loudly from dawn till after dusk, throwing a ball hitting vehicles. People complained to the warden and nothing was resolved!! The food in the on site restaurant was ok.Personally I will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the eco hut myself,husband, baby girl. It was honestly the best time. The area is lovely the people are lovely. Food is great. Children's entertainment is fab. I would 100% recommend newlands to everyone.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review Michelle! We are glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. :) Hopefully we will be welcoming you and your family back to the park soon. Kind regards, Newlands.