This is a beautifully converted cottage with luxurious touches (eg under floor heating) that make staying in a pleasure. We spent Christmas at Hillview Cottage and as 6 adults really appreciated the two separate sitting areas and large kitchen. The kitchen is so well equipped we managed to cook a full Christmas dinner. Littlewindsor is set in lovely countryside so great for walks from the house and trips to the Jurassic coast. All in all a perfect setting for Christmas - the Aga was a particular hit with the cooks amongst us and kept the house really warm for our 8 week old baby.
We spent a fantastic Christmas at Hillview. The cottage is very spacious (we were a party of 6 adults) and well equipped - had everything we needed for Christmas lunch. We were quite nervous about the Aga but the instructions in the cottage and the tips from Clare (the manager) were very helpful. We were made to feel right at home (a Christmas tree was bought for us) and had a lovely time.
An absolutely lovely cottage, it was very comfortable for the 5 of us and offered lots of space downstairs split between a big kitchen, garden room and lounge area. You could easily have different things going on without disturbing one another or come together socially.
The extension garden room is lovely, with views over the garden and nearby hills it catches the sun in the morning too.
The cottage has everything you need and using the AGA didnt take long to master and always meant a warm entrance when you'd been out for the day.
Its quite a walk to any pub or shop so car is needed but there is plenty in the region.
I think it would have been a nice touch to have a welcome basket with some basics and local goods in even if it meant a slight price increase as those sort of things are a nice touch after a long drive, having said that the house is excellent, clean and you will certainly have a nice time staying here.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
Was very impressed with house it had brilliant facilities with a fantastic garden which we really enjoyed with our family who were staying in the local area, attending the big wedding. The downstairs is a really nice family space. The aga took a little getting used to but when we worked it out it cooked really well. Having two showers made getting really in the morning a lot easier. as there were 6 adults staying. We would definatley come back again the next time we are visiting our family in somerset.
We stayed at Hillview cottage as a family of six during August 2016. The cottage represents value for money and is spacious, very clean and comfortable. Some points worth noting (and to pick up what other reviewers have said):
- communication with the owner and housekeeper were absolutely excellent. We were advised of road closures prior to our departure and were greeted on arrival, plus the housekeepers returned from work to open up for us when we accidently left something behind. Quick and friendly responses - thank you
- the property is clean and incredibly spacious and comfortable. We felt very much at home
- it is isolated, but that is part of the attraction, but on the plus side you can get away from it all, yet visit lots of places (we went to Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire) all within an hours drive and Bridport is just 10 mins away
- loved the Aga. So simple to use and you really don't need either a toaster or electric kettle. All done on or in the Aga in the same time.
- we were there in 'summer' and the kitchen can get a bit warm, but there are other rooms and big doors opening to the garden
- I would imagine this cottage would also be wonderful in Autumn and winter - so cosy
- lovely garden to play in
- for X-box / PS mad teenagers - this cottage represents a compromise. There is a PS2 with some games, so enough to keep them happy, but not enough that mum and dad can't entice them away to play board games in the kitchen! The cottage has DVDs, a chess set and games to borrow
We would definitely return and recommend this to others.