“A must for everyone ”

Woolacombe Surf Centre
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Woolacombe
More attraction details
Owner description: Woolacombe Surf Centre is Woolacombe's highest rated & qualified surf school / water sports provider! Professionally run & based in the heart of Woolacombe, North Devon. WSC is accredited as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ by Surfing England, the highest attainable level. All our coaches are fully qualified instructors & beach lifeguards with many years coaching experience with a true passion for surfing and watersports. We operate our surf lessons on the beautiful Woolacombe Beach, awarded the best beach in the UK 2015 & 2016. With 3 miles of golden sand facing the Atlantic we have a great learning environment for surfing. Our kayaking and coasteering trips are hosted on the breathtaking coastline of North Devon. We also offer top quality surf hire equipment, from surfboards, bodyboards, wetsuits right through to stand up paddle boards (SUP'S) and kayaks. All sessions are 2.5 hours long which include all equipment required and coaching throughout, we also take photos (FREE) with our in water camera to immortalise you finest surfing moments!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I will start from the beginning of the booking we emailed asking questions that were answered by Gary with a very fast response.
On the day of arrival we had pre booked a half day surf lesson for 4 children aged from 10 to 16 years old and 2 adults. We were made to feel welcome, we were issued wetsuits, boots, gloves and hoods. The changing facilities were absolutely fine then just a short walk from the centre to the beach.
We were issued surf boards and that was that the lesson started on the beach running through safety and the basics of surfing. Then we were in the water the coaching was brilliant always there helping and taking pics.
We will be returning next year and I would say we done the half a day option and this was around 3 hours but I think we should have booked 2x half days.
This is the only surfing any of us done and I think most of us managed to stand up.
The staff were brilliant and the location and was also brilliant.

All reviews
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"individual tips"

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Had a weeks surf lesson for myself and two of my daughters 16 and 10 .
Surf coach first class ,had time for all students and tailored the advice to each indivauls needs .
Each morning you where greeted with a smile and a good morning making you feel very welcome.
Would highly recommend and will be using the surf centre next season

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Thank you Ray for a fantastic lesson. Was absolutely dreading the idea but had promised my daughter, turned out to be the best fun we've had in ages, will definitely be back.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic lesson with Ray. Great tuition and encouragement, never stood up as much. Definitely be back.