All reviews cream tea scones tea room sausage night's sleep busy road on arrival full english breakfast each morning dressing room main road comfortable bed wonderful hosts cooked breakfast thatched roof lovely cream beautiful horses
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Wellington farmhouse is grade2 listed done up to a comfortable standard by the owners Gary & Marcia.
The main building is adjacent A35 but we were not unduly disturbed by trafiic noise. Our bed was very comfortable& the breakfast was superb.
There is private parking on the premises & the farm at the rear has sheep , pigs & a horse. There is also an inhouse Collie who is very friendly.
Marcia & Gary are hardworking gracious hosts who go out of their way to please.
We wish them the very best in their business especially the B&B & tea room.
Hoping to be back soon
abey/jackie

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
marcia t, Owner at Wellington Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you both, Abey & Jackie for your kind review. You both embraced what we are all about at Wellington Farm and kindly mentioned some of the animals (they always like a mention), but just to put the record straight, Polly (the collie) lives in our private quarters at the rear of the farmhouse. We also hope you both return soon - very best regards, Marcia & Gary

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Meeting Marcia and Gary and staying at thier B&B contributed to a great couple of days away to celebrate my nephews wedding. The B&B is a lovely grade 2 listed building, not my normal choice of accommodation, I tend to go for sterile modern buildings. Having said this I was very happy staying her the night. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable, we really didn’t spend much time there. Having spoken to Marcia the day before our visit. I asked if it would be possible to have a light lunch or a cream tea when we arrive. It was agreed we would have toasties. My sister and I were delighted when Marcia said she had made us some scones, probably the best I have had, served with clotted cream and jam, they were so big we only needed one each. Breakfast in the morning was lovely, but huge. Marcia took our orders the day before and made porridge for my husband- he’s not keen on a full English. What you get with Wellington Farm is that personal service. The hospitality of Marcia and Gary was amazing, more like staying with friends. Iforgot something in the room which was kindly couriered to me. I would like to thank Marcia and Gary for a wonderful stay and say that in the future I may look for this type of accommodation rather than the impersonal sterile rooms I normally chose.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calamityjane5530

Thank you so much - another convert :) - While the square boxes full of locked windows serve a purpose, there is nothing to compare with a homely B & B and it is always a thrill for us when guests are happy with what we do here. Please do come and visit again - anytime.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel for a cream tea and we were delighted with its charm. The proprietors were very friendly, accommodating and the scones were gorgeous, having been freshly made in the last hour. The jam and cream was generously supplied and the scones were a great size. We were only disappointed that we couldn’t re-visit soon, we don’t live near but if we visit or stay in the area again we’ll be sure to visit and stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you - it is kind of you to take time to leave such a lovely review and we hope to entertain you as guests sometime.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Just spent 2 nights in this excellent B&B where rooms were nicely decorated and the owners so welcoming. Marci cooks a great breakfast and so we would certainly come back for a repeat visit.
Nicely situated to be able to visit all the local attractions and with the little town of Honiton just up the road it was a perfect location for us.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 681lorraine

Thank you Lorraine for your kind review. Please be sure to visit again.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Checked in after an extremely long and tiring day, the lady of the house could not have been more welcoming, shown to my room which was almost a suite, bedroom, wc/shower room and a little dressing room. Everything clean. I was warned the room might be a little noisy from the road noise but didn't hear a thing. The bed was one of the best I've slept on in ages and in the morning the shower had some decent strength.
Breakfast was exceptional with plenty of everything and all well presented and cooked well and as I was the only guest a pleasant chat after. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank wumberlog51

Thanks for your lovely review and we are happy that you slept soundly. Always what we want to hear. Please be sure to visit again.