Home Farm Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Premier Inn Honiton(Honiton)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
PremierInn.com
Deer Park Country House Hotel(Buckerell)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
US$ 175
US$ 237
US$ 202
Travelocity
The Tumbling Weir Hotel(Ottery St. Mary)
US$ 147
All reviewsthai foodhis wifenew ownersat homegood sizeenglish optionswarm welcomelovely hoteljunior suitepremier innfeel very welcomefresh fruittrying hardi've eatena tadbedroom bathroomfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Found this lovely place last year but didn't have a chance to try dinner there. The other guests were raving about the Thai food and when we had an excuse to go back we booked dinner as well . As on previous visit , everything was superb . Great hosts, great rooms , 1st class breakfast . The dinner was absolutely first class . We had authentic Thai food cooked to perfection served with a smile. In particular the crispy sea bass was as good as I've ever had , even in Thailand . I would highly recommend this hotel and even better if you can stay for dinner . There is also a nice relaxed bar area to chill out with something cold and fizzy . We are already looking to book our next visit

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dai p
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We had travelled up from Truro and had found this hotel en route to Portsmouth the next day. We could not face staying in Exeter again.
I spent much of my childhood living in a farm. Like this one it was a quadrangle one side open. Barn and milking sheds. It is not altogether clear what each part of the hotel had been in farming terms apart from the hay loft now a bar and lounge.
Our en suite room was a good size and on the ground floor - I was too hot Madam too cold was it ever thus! the wifi was good.
We dined in and the food was outstanding as was our breakfast. Mine host was brilliant giving us a key for madam to avoid the steps into the dinning room.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms in the barn are step less.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We stayed for a couple of nights in February as we wanted to do some sightseeing in the area. We were warmly greeted by the owner, Richard, on our arrival and he was extremely helpful throughout our stay. The room was warm and comfortable, and everything was clean and tidy. The co-owner, Richard's wife Nat, is the chef and she cooks the most exquisite Thai food. The breakfasts were great, too.It's a convenient location for visiting Lyme Regis, Beer, Sidmouth etc or if you are a business traveller.

Room Tip: A room at the back would be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

My visit to Home Farm Hotel was work-related and in mid-November, so the village of Wilmington was quiet. The village has a great history, dated back to the Doomsday period and the hotel is a delightfully converted farm. The sense of history was enhanced by the beautiful cobbled approach to the front door. Richard gave me a warm welcome and showed me to my room on the first floor. It was a good sized Double Room with a good en-suite bathroom. I found the bed to be very comfortable indeed and had some excellent sleep.
Richard and Nat prepared a very delicious breakfast each day, and nothing was too much trouble in ensuring my enjoyment and comfort. I did not sample the special Thai evening menu, but English options were also available.
The bar is located in a converted barn, and had a great ambiance; just right to unwind at the end of a busy day.
Thank you, Richard and Nat, for a most enjoyable visit to your delightful hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Rooms are good and well furnished. Beds comfy and owners very pleasant and amenable. We had dinner from the Thai menu, that was excellent and beautifully cooked. Good location and a very pretty building of character. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple