“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Umberleigh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2017

A lovely warm welcome when we stopped for lunch. I had Cod & Chips which was good and my sister had Scampi & Chips which was also very good. Would highly recommend

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We popped in for lunch on a Wednesday, very good beer but the lunchtime menu was not very exciting. I settle on the Cod & Chips, cod was very nice but the chips were french fries & I( have come to expect hand-cut chips when I am paying nearly £12.00 for a meal, also no mushy peas, so the cook mashed up garden peas, not quite the same! My wife had the Bacon, Brie & Cranberry baguette which was very nice.

1  Thank SMGormet
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Went here for a family meal on a friday night.
The staff were welcoming, but the eating area was dull, tired, and in desperate need of TLC.
The menu likewise was typical pub stuff .... Burger (ridiculously overpriced) gammon and eggs, steak, hunters chicken , sausage and mash, and something strangely called cheats fish and chips, which was battered halloumi and chips!!!
My pint of carlsberg was not cold, and a bit flat.
Not a great experience, and not to be repeated

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Came up by train on a beautiful evening to savour the delights of this well known hostelry and greatly enjoyed a few pints of local real ales combined with a tasty steak and all the trimmings. Truth to tell the steak was not the most tender I have ever eaten and it was a little challenged in the thickness stakes :-) Quick service, good prices, large portions and a great atmosphere. The station is a 5 minute walk away across the River Taw.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there with our 3 dogs to have a meal. It was lovely very very dog friendly and very welcoming the food was amazing and we had a lovely evening