All reviews village inn par golf course outdoor pool sea view the pub tennis courts family hotel south devon steam room coastal walks public rooms lovely hotel table tennis sunday lunch stunning location main restaurant walk in shower
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Just returned from our annual August Bank holiday break at the Thurlestone - the hotel was as good as ever but I wanted to point out how well they catered for a celiac in our party. There were gluten free biscuits and soya milk in the room and gluten and diary free options on the lunch menus in both the hotel and the Village Inn (which belongs to the Thurlestone). In the evening we were given our own a la carte dinner menu on to which extra gluten free desserts had been added and all gluten free starter and main course options (and in some cases, alternatives) had been noted. A freshly baked gluten free roll was served each evening and at breakfast time there were gluten and dairy free smoothies, energy bars and granola as well as hot cooked options. Great care was always taken to make sure there was no cross contamination of food.
As a celiac, dining out can be a stressful affair, but the Thurlestone managed to make it a very pleasant and relaxing experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
AlexMcEwen-GM, General Manager at Thurlestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear familyEverard

I was very pleased to hear how well we catered for your dietary requirements and I will pass you kind remarks on to our Chefs. We look forward to seeing you again next August, if not before!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here quite a few times in the past and never disappointed. From the hospitality, decor, food and the spa. Great view of Thurlestone rock.

The spa was amazing-the best that I have been to in Devon.

I recommend the Village in as well as the hotel restaurant for food.

Great location for nearby beaches.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ambler-London2

Dear Ambler-London2

I am very pleased you enjoyed another visit and our Voyage Spa was one of the highlights. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Took my visitors here for the first time. We started with a quick tour and they were overwhelmed at the luxury; the sheer elegance; and the modern facilities. The outdoor pool with its newly opened 'outside kitchen' certainly has the wow factor as does the spa area. We had a light lunch on the outside terrace with the most amazing views of the beautiful gardens and, of course, the sea! Service was prompt and 'smiley'. The food was freshly prepared and delicious. After a walk around the spacious gardens we returned for cocktails on the terrace. Such a tranquil and relaxing setting we were reluctant to leave. But we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank deputy2014

Dear deputy2014

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the Thurlestone and your visitors were impressed with all our facilities and the cocktails! I hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Excellent family hotel with something for everyone. Beautiful location, great food, spa, child care, golf, tennis, close to beach, great decor and fantastic staff. Hard to top the whole package. We will be back

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear johnwnettleton

Thank you for your review and completing our online questionnaire. I am very pleased you and your children enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We were lucky enough to stay a night at the Thurlestone Hotel recently. As a family of five travelling with a little sausage dog, we find a lot of hotels can’t cope with our accommodation needs and it gets very expensive. Thurlestone Hotel were able to provide a room for all of us - it was snug but worked a treat. The hotel facilities were amazing - our 3 kids got involved immediately making mock tails at the bar and even had a scuba diving taster lesson in the pool. The food in general was top drawer - whether it was a homemade pizza by the pool, a burger in the Village Inn Pub next door or the best scrambled eggs for brekkie we think we’ve ever had!
To top it all off my 8 year old son left his very plastic ‘diving’ watch behind and we received it in the post a week later. I can’t think of many places we’ve stayed that would have made that effort and for us that was the cherry on a very enjoyable Thurlestone Hotel cake. We can’t wait to have another bite and would thoroughly recommend it to all families visiting Devon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hguisetucker

Dear hguisetucker

Thank you for your ‘glowing’ review about your recent visit. I am delighted you and your family had a great time and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.