“Popular high standard hotel ”
Review of The Seven Stars

The Seven Stars
Ranked #16 of 74 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pub restaurant in Kingbridge - Delicious Food Served All Day - Gourmet Burgers - Local Seafood and Fish - Real Ales
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Visit this hotel on a regular basis. Lunch menu good, champagne bar excellent and high end service. Well worth visiting.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We love visiting Devon as there really isn’t anywhere else that you can get such fabulous pub food. I don’t know what is in the water but it’s clearly infectious as we leave as happy as the people serving us. This is our fourth trip to Kingsbridge and return to the Seven Stars a prime example of fabulous local produce served with joy. I usually have one of the locally source fish specials and the sticky toffee pudding to follow which is to die for. The kids well they can have what they like as their meals are free followed by their favourite Mud and Worms!!! Not as gross as it sounds but a fun take on Devonshire ice cream and jellied worms with chocolate sauce.
Keep up the good work and we cannot wait to visit you again on our next trip. My only complaint is that you are not my local so we could visit you more.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Looked nice from outside, but that is the best I can say about this pub.

Interior bland, service slow and staff were not particularly friendly. Our food was very disappointing - I had a hot pannini which was quite bland and my mother had king prawns with toasted sourdough roll - which sounded nice but was soaking wet with greasy juices. We asked for some plain bread and butter, but it took a long time to arrive (even though the restaurant was empty) and her prawns were stone cold by then and she left them uneaten.

Sadly, this restaurant is not somewhere I would ever want to visit again and on the basis of our experience today, would not be somewhere I would recommend to others.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The Seven Stars at Salcombe Devon, had a lunch here and a couple of drinks. Indoor eating was empty, so picked a table for 2. Placed our order and 5 minutes later a man sat about two feet from us on the next table and threw a blanket on the floor , looked at me and said for the dog who you will see in a moment!! Other than getting up and moving which I felt a bit rude we decided to stay where we were. His partner/wife came in with the dog, I felt all too close and they seemed to be invading our space. I have no problems with dogs but in an eating place I do not think appropriate. They could have sat outside or at least not so close to us. I think if pubs/restaurants allow this they should be sat in a separate area, not everyone are happy with dogs.
To me this spoilt a really nice lunch which was just my husband and I and wanted some privacy, I would never sit next to someone in an empty pub. The food was quite good and the service was very good, it was very clean and welcoming other than the couple who seemed to like invading our space with a whining dog on a blanket.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We came here on the final evening of our week staying near Salcombe, and we weren't disappointed. The meals were superb, and even better value because we have a Gourmet Society card that they accept, giving us a good discount. Our main courses especially were well-balanced and enjoyable, my wife even saying that she was glad that she hadn't opted for the larger fish pie, the smaller one being perfectly ample! My steak and kidney pie was crammed full of filling; delicious. Much recommended.