Review Highlights
Good cafe

Called in before getting a coach back home. The pot of tea was very nice and very reasonable price... read more

Reviewed 19 July 2018
roscwmbran
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Good food, great show!

We visited on a February Sunday evening - the cafe for a pre-show meal, and the auditorium for the... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
realneet
Paignton, United Kingdom

All reviews whitney houston cod clean facilities pot of tea staff were friendly sea front theatre performance tribute pantomime performers proms elvis cafe chips egg pensioners
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent venue locally sourced produce and vegetarian options all delivered with a smile. Sat outside in the fabulous sunshine and parked opposite on this very busy Bank Holiday.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Although this venue was 1 1/2 hours drive away from where we live, we wanted to meet & great Eddie Hall, we arrived about 30 mins early, sat in the cafe & had a drink, the staff made an announcement that Eddie was a bit late because of traffic but would keep us updated, then we were told to queue up to meet him, all the staff were so nice, friendly & helpful! we did have to queue for a while but that's no ones fault, Eddie was happy to chat to people & a lot of people wanted to meet him, such a lovely man!

The Pavilion itself is quite small, which was great as we were pretty close to the stage, we were sat on row J, flat floor, there is another bar in the pavilion itself, we got a drink fairly quickly in the interval.

There is a car park opposite the Pavilion but it isn't that big, we managed to get a space, just log your number plate in the book at the box office.

Al in all a very good night! Thank you to all the staff & to Eddie!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank 877Smarie
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Good capacity theatre that works hard to keep the attractions coming. Wide range of acts and entertainments with some selling out many months ahead of performances. Need to book early for some. Majority of seating on floor of hall with a third staged. Usual irritating booking fees which we all feel reflect part of the rip-off culture of the entertainments industry. When at capacity, queues for refreshments. Decor and condition of building fabric getting very tired. Keep an eye on their website though.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Ordered food at counter. My husband ordered 'smoked fish platter' which consisted of a piece of mackerel (not very fresh), salmon which did not smell good, two pieces of granary bread, small portion of side salad and small portion of coleslaw/red cabbage (could not distinguish what it was!) - Very poorly presented on a wooden board.
I ordered Beef Bourginon -this arrived on a cold plate with uncooked 'french' beans, yesterday's potatoes put into a deep fryer, some 'not so well cooked' onion, sliced mushrooms and nice pieces of tender beef - all was served in a watery 'almost brown'
liquid. I tried to eat it - but to no avail it was just awful!
Discreetly I made my complaint to the Manager; his response was "I've seen the plate of food and I don't know what has happened in the kitchen". He offered me another meal and I declined as having experienced this I certainly did not want anything else out of that kitchen! Several people in our group of 15 at this lunch time also made complaints, i.e. Baked potatoes not cooked, etc. The Manager returned the meal payments to myself and my husband. But what a shame - won't go there again unless somebody is put in charge of catering that knows what to do!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank rosiewitch
Reviewed 17 January 2018

My wife and I took the opportunity to grasp the excellent weather and visit Exmouth
We decided to have a meal in the adjoining Pavillion Cafe. Fish and chips and why not in Exmouth decidedly freshly caught. The meal was excellent, good atmosphere nice position and really nice staff. Roomy and certainly wheelchair friendly. Good facilities all round, must take in a show sometime? Fish, chips, and peas £6 good value and good helping!

Date of experience: January 2018