“Home from Home”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The White House

Lounge
Bedroom 2
Lounge/Conservatory
Dinning room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Amanda161
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 29 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed here for a two night break while visiting Exmouth for a family celebration. We arrived later than planned, but the owner was most accommodating, ensuring that we could access the property. The welcome pack of bread, butter, jam, milk and wine was much appreciated. Clean and comfortable, we felt at home and would very happily return in the future.

Travelling group: Extended Family
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Nov 2015
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found our holiday let a nice place to stay and would welcome you back in the future. Many thanks.
Posh100
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Home from home, a perfect base”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My Husband and our friend needed a base while we met up with other friends staying in the area but as we only wanted 3 nights in August it proved quite difficult. Not at the White House! Lisa did not object to our 3 night booking and was thoroughly accommodating with our other advance request for champagne glasses. Lisa was on site to meet us with keys and a guided tour of the house which is a very good size and could have slept more than us 3 very comfortably.
Lots of lovely touches, comfy furniture and nice lights. A great big garden accessed from the back door of conservatory. Dishwasher and washing machine if required and lots of mugs/glasses/plates etc so in 3 days we did not need to wash up but just load up the dishwasher and put it on before we left.
Comfy bedrooms, all clean and tidy with a great big bathroom/shower/toilet on first floor but a separate toilet downstairs was really handy. If I had to be picky I would just comment that one bedroom has no wardrobes or hanging space for clothes but the other one has loads so it was not really an issue for us.
It is walking distance to everything you need, beach, harbour, train station & shops however you need to be aware of the local terrain; Exmouth is very hilly & the White House is near the top.
It is a main road but not too busy & you can park one car off the road which is also great.
Made a great base for a lovely break away, would thoroughly recommend and will stay again if we are back in area. Thanks to Lisa for making it all so easy.

Liked best: Homely and convenient
Liked least: No issues
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Oct 2015
Thank you for a lovely review, I am very happy we met with your expectations and you appreciated the small touches my family and I try to add. Whilst I agree that Exmouth can be hilly in parts, I am a little confused by the reference to the White House being located at the top when I would suggest that it is at the bottom of a valley, for the best way to describe it and that walking to some of the local amenities is flat, although I do agree that one route to the beach could incorporate one hill followed by a downhill stroll. I sincerely hope my response to this comment isn't received negatively but do wish to clarify the house's situation for future guests. My family and I would welcome you back in the future and champagne glasses will be at the ready! Best wishes, Lisa
DC993
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a night or two”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Overall very happy with the property. It''s in a decent location with a number of pubs and local shops close by although not really walking distance to the beach. The property itself is of a good size and offers everything you need in terms of fixtures and fittings. The only thing really letting the place down was the lack of decent kitchen utensils (knives, cheese graters, etc). However, the owner was very welcoming and accommodated our needs with a toddler extremely well, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the place as a base to explore East Devon.

Travelling group: Young Children
13 Jul 2015
Many thanks for your review. I note your comments and will update the utensils in the kitchen. There was a cheese grater, this must have been misplaced, however, I will ensure another one is put into the property. It is a good 20-25 minute walk to the beach but on a nice summer's day this can be quite pleasant a stroll.

We would welcome you back to the White House, and once again may thanks for leaving the house so immaculate. on your departure - very much appreciated.

lisa
Chrishall...
“Brilliant house, ideal for a group of people!”
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Brilliant house, great friendly service and perfect for a group going to Exmouth!! We booked the house for a local fishing trip, it served as a great base and to top it off the sun was shining.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
13 Jul 2015
Many thanks for your review. We would welcome you back to the White House, it was left by yourselves in an immaculate condition which was very much appreciated. Lisa
AlmostHom...
Stratford, Canada
“Update Shower”
Reviewed 20 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We had a lovely stay at the White House with our family and it accommodated all of us very nicely. We just have a couple of minor suggestions.....1. Due to some families eating in due to allergies, the kitchen could have more than 1 tea towel, a cookie sheet, basic kitchen equipment..........one big suggestion is the shower........all of us tried to have a nice shower....the shower was the worst I have ever had.......I was either scalded or froze as the temperature was not consistent and this was not due to someone using water in other parts of the house.......other than that it was very spacious, we loved the welcome package along with wine which was a nice surprise and your friendly welcome was most appreciated.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spaciousness, the bedrooms, nicely decorated
Liked least: The shower and lack of seating in the living room area for large groups as the conservatory was cold to sit in at this time of year.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
22 Jan 2015
I will respond to each comment as given. You stayed in the property for one night - I would have imagined one tea towel to be ample for a stay of less than 24 hours - however there is a washing machine at the property for guests use. I personally went to clean the house after your stay to find one tea towel in the kitchen and another hanging over the radiator stained with red wine. Evidently this had been used in an attempt to clean the red wine which remained over the work surfaces, microwave (which is wall mounted), the walls and the ceiling...There were two baking sheets in the kitchen drawer. The shower - I prrsonally stayed in my property the week before and took a shower there - it operates as it should however I do find that guests occasionally alter the temperature and are unsure how to bring it to an ambient temperature. It operates independently so use would be unaffected alongside another person using water in the house. Your comments are noted and I will point out the operation of the shower - which works perfectly - to my future guests. Thank you for your comments.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing