“Clean, Friendly, Homely”

and 1 more site!
Acorns Guest House
Ranked #4 of 15 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Steve and Denise were very welcoming and very friendly. The room was extremely clean as was the rest of the guest house. The breakfast was exactly what you need to start each day. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would quite happily choose to stay again in the future as it is perfectly located (2 minute walk to the town and a 15-20min drive to most other places).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

my wife an i have just returned from a lovely weekend away in combe martin,our trip was all the more enjoyable by our excellent choice of picking the acorns to stay.the room was spotless an comfortable.the breakfast excellent.Steve an Denise are brilliant hosts an could not do enough to help you an make you feel welcome.we shall be returning im sure. Mike an Sue

Room Tip: book early!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Food and hospitality excellent. We had a lovely stay and the location is great for walking, and touring north Devon. The room was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was great.

Full marks all round!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I turned up in Combe Martin on a short business trip. I had no idea where I was going to stay and literally picked this guest house out of the blue. I was greeted by Steve who helped me with my luggage to the room. I was delighted with the room which was spotlessly clean and had all the facilities I needed . A great benefit was the WiFi as I had to catch up on all my emails. The owners were exceptionally kind and insisted it was no trouble to make my breakfast slightly earlier as I had to run for an appointment .They allowed me to leave my luggage which was really helpful and I met with Steve and Denise when I came back and we sat and had a nice chat. They were so friendly , so pleasant and deserve to do very very well in this business. Don't go if you are expecting a high tech, marble floors, boutique style hotel, do go if you are looking for a clean , cozy, traditional guest house with great service, Wifi, and lovely hosts. I would not hesitate to recommend them and indeed will do so to any of my clients looking to stay in Devon. I will certainly be back to stay the next time I'm in the area and would feel no need to look anywhere else. Thank you Steve and Denise...you made my stay !!! Caroline (Tracy)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Caroline T
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Relaxing weekend away from madhouse of work. The management, although new to the hotel, have mastered the ability to be available when required yet invisible when you don't need them. The breakfast was tasty and substantial with extra toast if required. Room was tidy and clean with regular supplies of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Yum. Will definately return as soon as committments allow.

Room Tip: Ask for room with sea view. (number 7)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple