1,582 results
All reviews entertainment team bad reviews great holiday dvd player evening entertainment dawlish town outdoor pool frankie shows jack mark cyril pubs
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We payed £400 to stay a week in a 3 bedroom bronze plus caravan. On arrival we was told the caravan had been cleaned, and all hire amenities were there. When we opened the door it smelt of dog. It was disgusting. Sitting in the living area the cushions were smelly and felt damp. When making the beds there was hair on the duvets and pillows and all mattresses were dirty/stained. The travel cot was no where to be seen and the high chair was dirty. There was dog mess outside the caravan, pet hair in all the drawers/cupboards. Cooker was filthy and the shower had hair inside. They had left a triangle card on the table telling us the caravan had been cleaned by 2 ladies!!!! That caravan had not been cleaned. We will never be staying there again, poor quality caravans compared to where we have stayed before and the staff are useless!!! Worst holiday ever! Waste of £400.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte S
ParkHolidaysUK, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Golden Sands holiday park, all accommodation should be cleaned to a high level ready for our guests to arrive.

Our team on the park aim to rectify any issues reported to ensure our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting place which is in desperate need for investment!!! Knock it all down and start again if you ask me.
We arrived after a 8 hour journey to absolute FILTH! Just look the the photos, shocking that they think it's acceptable for families to stay in these apartments! Supposed to be a holiday village feels more like a prisoner of war camp!
The bedrooms were filthy and the bathroom area was just disgusting. Just look at the photo of the toilet brush....zoom in if you date GROSS !!!!!!
I was devasted as we had paid over £900 for Monday to Friday and couldn't stay in it !! My sons first holiday (he was 6 weeks old at the time) was not going to be spent there! No chance!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Maria-Jayde J

Thank you for your feedback I do hope you find a park more to your liking, I would like to apologise for Golden Sands not meeting your expectations on this occasion.

Our apartments are of a more traditional style however should always be maintained to a high level.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed with accommodation here are a few things I can say as the list is too long; a dirty nappy left, dirty mop, mold. Only spent one night, refused to move us even though we said we would pay for an update. Do not waste you money here. Disgusting, dirty and rude and unhelpful staff. To top it all the shower and toilet is in a hallway for anyone to do all in on. Do not stay in any of the 'apartments' as all they are is a room with a couple of beds and a table and chair.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LouJenks

Sorry to hear of your disliking during your holiday at Golden Sands during peak periods at times we are not able to move guests, all accommodation should be cleaned and maintained ready for guests to arrive.

We welcome your feedback to help improve our park.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Had a five day break at this holiday park. Decent caravan just right for the break, comfortable and roomy. The site was good and well set out, very clean. All staff very friendly, situated for access to major roads.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank PeteNN8

I am pleased you found the team to be friendly and were able to have a comfortable break we look forward to welcoming you back thank you for choosing Golden Sands.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I booked a platinum lodge for my son and daughter in laws honeymoon.
I requested some champagne and chocs be put in for their arrival..
I must say that Amanda the manager did an amazing job and even put rose petals in the bath and on the bed as well as a lovely card..so thoughtful
The accommodation was absolutely spotless and had everything they needed.
They had an absolutely amazing time and I thank Amanda and park holidays for making it so special for them..
You really did go above and beyond.
Hence to say they loved it so much that they will be back next year..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank livas

It is great to learn that your son and daughter in law`s honeymoon was at Golden Sands,

I do agree our platinum lodges are spectacular and meet that special occasion.

I have passed your kind comments to Amanda we look forward to seeing you in the future.