1,580 results
All reviews entertainment team bad reviews great holiday dvd player evening entertainment dawlish town outdoor pool frankie shows jack mark cyril pubs
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Good points, park was clean, but needs updating, painting and good change.
Tables in entertainment centre were very sticky, ordered food, waited then told not had pie, so waited again.
Apartment, looked like fist mark in door, tv had marks on it, and outdoor window had writing on it, outside light did not work and needs proper path instead of walking on grass, rooms otherwise clean and tidy.
Need more lighting when walking from the beach entrance.
Booked via sun holidays, found park had taken two adults and two children for linen and entertainment pass after queuing for room key at 4pm, assistant said another paid for children, not great as was around £35 extra.
In times of austerity like now I appreciate it must be expensive to maintain, but some things are worth it.
Great thou to get to dawlish warren and beach and pubs.
Although​ steep slopes back up from beach entrance, but dawlish warren and dawlish great.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chijane
ParkHolidaysUK, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback I am sorry to read of your disappointment with your apartment although they are of a traditional standard, we do ensure all accommodation is cleaned and maintained to a high standard.

I am pleased you were able to experience the many miles of spectacular sandy beaches and excellent pubs Dawlish Warren & Dawlish has to offer.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We were very apprehensive about staying here after reading reviews! We stayed in a gold plus caravan through sun holidays. It was lovely, What more do you want for £200!! Clean bedding, bathroom, kitchen. All the kitchen utensils were spotless. We were quite close to the club house so could hear it in the distance but it didn't keep us awake at night. We went into the club house for a drink and it was fine. We also used the pool which was clean and good for our little girl. On arrival the reception staff were quick and talked us through all we needed to no. You can walk through the caravan site to the beach, takes 10-15 mins.
We would definitely come back as a good base to visit surrounding places.
Please do not let bad reviews put you off.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your review it is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Golden Sands Holiday Park.

The beaches near by are superb I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and would look to re book at Golden Sands.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We have just come back after a very wet week.the caravan was tatty and full of dog hairs.the whole site looked run down and needs a lot of updating,the club and pool were very small .depending were you sat in the clubhouse is how strong the smell of pee was.
Don't eat in the clubhouse.
On the brighter side the beach was good
I will not be going back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment Golden Sands are constantly looking at ways to improve our accommodation and facilitates.

We have a dedicated cleaning team to service our facilitates to ensure high levels of cleanliness are maintained.

We welcome your feedback.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I visited with my 8 yr old son for a 4 night stay and stayed in a gold caravan. Having stayed at this park a number of times previously I already had certain expectations.

Having travelled by train from Berkshire we had to walk to the camp from Dawlish Warren station as there were no taxis, so not a great start. We arrived at reception at approx 1.45pm and was told that check in was from 2pm (gold caravan) and would be conducted in the club house.

This was the 1st time I had ever checked in here and was uncertain as to what to expect. Upon arrival in the club house there were lots of people already there and waiting. Just prior to 2pm we all started queuing - given the amount of people I assumed I would be waiting for ages, however I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the queue moved and how organised the Park holiday team were. Upon leaving the club a female member of staff saw me struggling with my cases and offered to assist me, which was very kind then off to our home for the next few days.

Caravan cleanliness - Maybe I'm a bit of a perfectionist/OCD, however the cleaning left a lot to be desired. The washing up bowl, pots, pans, crockery & cutlery were all greasy and so I spent the 1st hour washing up. The shower needed a good scrub prior to use, although it wasn't dirty it was evident it was well used and needed attention as the silicon/grouting was now black. The bedding was very clean, although no mattress protector which I thought there should have been, given the turn over of guests.

Onsite shop - Great for bits and bobs, well priced and lots of priced marked products.

Club house - The club house does get busy as to be expected in August so would recommend you get there early if you plan on staying for the evening.

Bar - Bar staff are great always pleasant and polite especially with the amount of customers they serve ~ drinks prices were reasonable too which was a pleasant surprise.
Food - The 1st evening we had bar snacks to take away. There is a separate till for food orders. Although the queue wasn't exactly big the service was very slow. I don't think it helped that people were also ordering drinks there too. Might be an idea to have a separate till point for take away/food only orders?

Swimming Pool and the team - The swimming pool has indoor and outdoor sections with loungers around the side as well as wooden table & chairs. The whole area was exceptionally clean and lots of life guards on duty. Although the team were early 20's it was evident that they were all focused and aware of what was going on instead of chatting. If there were any issues (jumping in) they were straight on their whistles. It was obvious the pool manager again early 20's was fully in charge and his team respected him and enjoyed their jobs ~ this is a sign of a great manager/team leader.

Summary - Having paid just under £500 for 4 nights I would say it was worth every single penny. I know easier said than done but less speed more haste in the cleaning of the caravans.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you were able to check in quickly during your recent stay at Golden Sands, it is great to hear your lovely comments about the park team going the extra mile to assist with your cases, life guards acting professionally during your stay.

I am sorry to hear that your accommodation was not to a high standard on arrival however we do look to rectify any issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back, we do now have a till exclusively for food orders within the complex.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We had 3 nights camping at Golden sands ,I was a bit concerned about all the negative reviews but we had a real good time.We took the dog on her first holiday camping and she loved it.We have been here before a few years ago when it was peppermint park. The only fault was the reception to book in was now at the other end of the park.It was better when it was where the sales offices is.
We did enjoy our stay and will probably go again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us at Golden Sands Holiday Park.
All our bookings including camping are now at one central location; we welcome your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the near future at one of our many parks