“Nice country pub”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“Nice country pub”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The New Inn sits at the junction of two roads, and looks a little unprepossessing. Don't let that put you off, inside you'll find a nice, reasonably large, pub-restaurant. There is plenty of parking space and an outside seating area - which I'm sure will be pleasant on a summer's evening.

We visited on a Sunday night, the restaurant didn't seem to be open so we ate in the bar, which was fine. The food is largely versions of standard British classics, I had one of the pies and it was very nice. There is a choice of wines, not too expensive, and a nice selection of real ales, some of which I'd not come across before, so nice to see some variety.

I'd say service was competent, not hugely welcoming, but fine for all that.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the New Inn, but I was expecting a little more from the 'word of mouth' I'd heard. Perhaps we just caught them after a busy and tiring Sunday lunchtime. I'll try again as we enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Polish first
Devon
“Very impressed”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We thought the Christmas menu looked attractive at this country pub (under new ownership since the summer) and we booked in for a large party. Although the whole pub was full of other diners, we had our own separate area in the restaurant. The service was very efficient, the quality of the food excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. For a 3 -course dinner + coffee and cake, the price was very reasonable at just under £15 a head (excluding wine & beer). We're already thinking of booking again for next year!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank saltsman
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, staff and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I recently visited the New Inn for an evening meal with collegues. The staff were very helpful in ensuring that our receipts could all be done seperately (even though we were a party of 15+) and the food was delicious. I had the mushroom, goats cheese and bacon starter with a lovely onion chutney for starter and then pork steak, in a creamy mushroom sauce with apple fritters, sauted potatoes and crackling for main. This also came with a variety of vegetables. Lovely and very well presented!

There was a wide range of choice on the menu and also a seperate vegetarian menu with 3 or 4 choices for each course. There was also a great choice of fish dishes on the main menu and also a specials board!

I would definitely come back to this pub if I was in the area again and also recommend to others in the area! Look forward to returning and showing other people how lovely it is!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank stacie182
Windlesham, null, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly pub with great food”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We went there this Sunday for lunch. They offered both a roast and their standard menu. Our party ordered from both and were all delighted with the food. They also offered a gluten free option for my mother. The staff were very friendly, nothing seemed too much trouble. My parents live locally and we would all come back for more. They would gladly recommed this cosy accomodating pub with great food to their friends.

• Visited October 2011
Hatherleigh, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Went here for Sunday lunch. We had been there several times before as we knew the chef but not for a year or so since a change of ownership and staff. The pub is as nice as ever with a large open fire and nice ambience. You can eat in the restaurant or the bar - I find the bar to be more relaxing and informa. I had a sunday roast (beef) and all was fine without being outstanding. Unfortunately I found the beef to be quite tough and chewy - not something I find usually in Devon. Apart from the a nice visit.

• Visited July 2011