“WOW!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Honeymoon Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Moorland View Cottage
The sandy beaches of the South Hams are a 50-minute drive away.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Fintylou
Leicestershire
“Cleanliness was a problem!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We visited Moorland in February, sadly our experience there was marred by dirty bed linen, crumbs in the cutlery drawer, dirty work surfaces and terrible customer service. North Bovey is beautiful and I guess in its hey day the cottage was too. It is a little tired now and the lounge furniture has quite a few stains on it. We arrived to find hair all over the spare bed and when we rang the housekeeper we were told that this particular bed wasn't changed because they were only expecting two people. I then enquired where the microwave was that was stated in the itinerary sent to me. I was then contacted by Suzy (Owner) who told me not to contact the housekeeper again! We could not believe the way we were treated. We paid £800 for four nights and for this money we could have stayed at Bovey Castle or the nearby September Cottage for less money. The nearby pub (the only one in North Bovey) is wonderful and they too have rooms. There is much better value accommodation available locally and I would not pay £800 for four nights in this cottage again. The owner was extremely rude and dismissive of our concerns and this ruined our expensive break. The owner has a glossy website with a magazine recommendation, when you bear in mind that Suzy is a writer herself it is hard to comprehend that she would treat her customers in this way. Yes,
visit North Bovey but do look at a variety of places to stay before settling for Moorland View.

Management Response
15 Apr 2014
I am very grateful to Dawn for bringing she problem she experienced at the cottage to our attention.

We have immaculate standards of cleanliness, and have only ever received five-star reviews for it. Obviously on this occasion, unfortunately some items slipped through the net, and both my housekeeper and I are again extremely sorry to Dawn for the disappointment.

Linda (housekeeper) and I dealt with Dawn's complaint quickly and professionally. Linda came to the cottage straight away and swiftly rectified the issues. (To clarify: the sheets were freshly laundered, but somehow a few stray hairs had landed on them).

Dawn received several apologies from us both. I asked her to contact me in case of further problems so that I could deal with them personally.

The cottage is freshly painted and the furnishings are professionally cleaned regularly. Anything that is damaged is instantly replaced. The sofa has just been given a professional deep clean.

We have a wonderful variety of holiday accommodation in this gorgeous part of Dartmoor, each offering a unique experience. Moorland View gives people the chance to stay in a beautiful thatched cottage in a traditional Dartmoor village, whilst being able to use the pool, spa and other facilities of a luxury hotel.

If you are thinking about booking with us, please continue to read our other reviews - they all give us five stars!

We hope to welcome you to the cottage soon.

Suzy
BoobzMcGe...
London, United Kingdom
“WOW!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I’m no writer, and I find it incredibly hard to express my thoughts and feelings in writing. So I shall leave an incredibly brief review. A one-word review if I may, and that is simply the following…… WOW! Yup. That’s it. WOW!! Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!
The cottage is simply amazing, and I have to admit I have cottage envy. If this were mine, I wouldn’t let any of you stay in it. In fact, I wouldn’t leave this place. Suzy has the most outstanding taste and nothing is overlooked or forgotten.
We’re definitely coming back.

Liked best: Pretty much everything
LONDONNan...
London
“Blissful! It really is 'The Holiday' cottage film set!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

We are still raving to everyone about our stay- what a find! It is near impossible to find self-catered accomodation that has the luxuries of a hotel but still feels homely and cosy. We are super fussy Londoners but I can't fault a thing. Suzy went above and beyond with a Christmas tree, the foliage on the stairs, the wreath- it was gorgeous. Loved the local walks, had a yummy meal at the pub and read the papers in front of the fire. Great kitchen as well. Can't wait to book the same weekend next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Arriving and walking in to a bottle of wine and a lit up Christmas tree
Liked least: Leaving!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jackie C
Leicester
“Total relaxation - a place to get away from it all and re-charge the batteries!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Moorland View for 4 nights for our Honeymoon. Granted it wasn't our first choice (I would've ideally liked 2wks in Hawaii) but having a young son at home with relatives, we couldn't bear the thought of leaving him for too long. So, our search was on for a place in the UK, that offered something unique & special and by heck we found it. You can keep your sandy beaches and mass crowds - this was perfect! It catered for all our needs and then some! Especially loved the marshmallows & toasting fork placed next to the open fire. We really felt like the cottage was our little home for 5days.
Without any hesitation we would highly recommend a stay here.

AliceEmil...
Royston, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Perfect”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at Moorland View for the week of our wedding.

The cottage is beautiful and there is absolutely nothing Suzy and her team haven't thought of. Everything about it exceeded expectation and made our wedding all we had dreamt of and more.

We cannot wait to visit again. Absolutely Sublime. It's as simple as that.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing