US$ 108
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
1,211 results
All reviewshot tubindoor poolwoodland lodgehorse ridingon sitethe kitchenvip platinumfarm shopvip lodgehigh ropeschanging roomstennis courtsbar and restaurantwashing machinebuilding workretreat restaurantfishing lake
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Check in was fast, efficient and informative so we were in the lodge within 5 minutes of arrival. The lodge was very clean and extremely well equipped. Everything worked and the hot tub was clean and well used by us. The grounds are very well kept and provide nice walks. We did not use the other facilities as we went out a lot, so can not comment, but what we saw looked good. Used reception once for advice on a taxi and the man went out of his way to help and get prices. A great short break thanks

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
HaulfrynGroup, Manager at Haulfryn Finlake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for a five star review of Finlake, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We got there - we managed to get straight into our VIP Platinum lodge early that's the only good review you will get from me. It went down rapidly.

At first glance it was lovely and spacious. The kids chose their room, we noticed brown muddy marks all over both beds. Didn't think much else of it, other than I wanted the sheets cleaned. I did notice cob webs everywherem and dirty dishes in the washing bowl. Again never thought much else about that. 4 hours later the sheets were cleaned, and the lady said "oh perhaps this lodge hasn't been cleaned". I am thinking she is 98% correct, dirty sheets, dirty dishes, no welcom goodies such as hand wash, shampoo etc like the other lodges had (my friends were staying in another lodge so I know these items are placed in lodges for new arrivals). We paid for a welcome pack which for £32 it was meant to include bread and butter - but I got tutted at when I asked where it was.

Then it really went down hill. The stench of damp and mould was getting worse, I did notice a funny smell as soon as we walked in, but even on the first eveing when I informed reception the smell was there. The second day nobody had come, the third day late afternoon we had a visit from a cleaning lady that exclaimed "I'm here to clean because of a smell". I responded saying I think there is a leak somewhere as the smell is getting worse and worse. I was advised that I wasn't there first to complain about a smell in this lodge, and she said "oh yes it is a bad smell, what do you want me to do about it". I said surely after 3 days someone should have been a checked for a leak. Eventually on the 4th day maintenance guy came and found a leak , a nice pool under the bath full of festering water. By this time we were unable to sleep in the 2nd bedroom as the smell was so bad and our clothes in the cupboard all smelt of damp now too. The maintenace guy fiixed the leak and re silconed the bath etc. Great job. But what about the unbearable smell because this had been left so long, long before we had got there. The maintenance guy said "he would request we be moved and that there were plenty of empty lodges in the Poplars.

We never heard back from anyone that evening so I went to reception. Quite laughable. They are OK to take your money but when you have an issue they all ignore you. Donna Vine a very lovely lady, organised well was meant to organise a deep clean of the lodge the following day to try and get rid of the smell. We didn't particularly want to move, and she assured me it would all be sorted the next day. We were at Paington Zoo from 8am so they had the entire day. I received a phone call from Jess telling me the lodge had been cleaned. When we arrived back the smell was literally unbearable, they changed the towles and bed sheets and hoovered. No deep clean had been done, it was like everyone spoke a different language. Nothing got communicated between departments correctly - it was laughable. Oh and then the heating wouldn't work, error message said 'low water pressure' - potentially signalling there was still a leak (makes sense as the smell was still getting worse), the plumber got the heating working, left the lodge said he'd be back - never came back. In the process he'd turned the water off, so we then had to call someone else back. Seriously it was like a Carry On film.

On our 5th day when I eventually found Donna - we moved to a lodge a few yards away. From then they never heard a word from us as the lodge was clean and what we would usually expect from Finlake. Afterall we've been returning now for 8 consective years.

We should have been moved the first day, not the fifth. You shouldn't have rented out the lodge in this condition - especially as I know this lodge had been complained about before, your staff told me this. The lodge hadn't been cleaned either - a staff member confirmed this too. Totally awful.

I had to give a star - it won't allow 0. Donna you brought it back up from 0 - I really did appreciate your assistance. And Jo in the SPA that gave my son a massage - he loved it. Thank you.

Room Tip: I would say don't stay in Belvedere Heights 8. And if you can get through to Customer Service you are lucky.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

We are aware of your complaint and pleased that Donna was able to remedy this with you whilst you were staying with us.
We are sorry your accommodation suffered a leak, whilst the team worked to remedy the problem we were not able to guarantee the smell would be completely removed.
We understand that moving accommodation can be disruptive so it not an option we would suggest lightly.
The initial accommodation had been cleaned clearly there were a couple of aspects that fell short of the standards from your previous stay and that of the second lodge you moved into.
We are glad you enjoyed the latter half of your stay and the service provided by Donna and Jo.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Yep a long way of saying its cold, very cold. But as with dart moor activities they add expense to make it feel like you should be having a good time. save your money go to one of our lovely open air pools and play in the park out side and save the money.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We took our 1 year old 4 year old for a swim in the new pool for their birthdays. Unfortunately the pool was far too cold for both of them we ended up spending 20 minutes in the main pool as this felt warmer before we had to leave (my little one was shivering and my toddler was complaining about the cold). Given the price it would have been advisable for staff to explain the pool maybe too cold for the young ones. To make things worse on leaving the badly designed car park we realised we were blocked in and had to sit and wait with two kiddies cold and complaining in the car and we weren’t the only ones about 8 cars in total had been blocked in.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank devonlass83
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Great weekend at this lovely lodge. Generous sized lodge for six (4 adults and 2 children). Lovely and spacious, nice furnishings and lots of equipment throughout (kitchen items, toys). Nice bathrooms, with good showers. Everything we needed for our weekend break. Decking area is lovely south facing so nice for sitting in the sun and bbq. The hot tub was brilliant, all ready to get in when we got there.
Would definitely recommend this lodge as close to all amenities but also quiet setting, great for children to play outside where you can keep an eye on them.
The site is very nice, pool complex great and outdoor pool good too. The restaurant was good, big portions and tasty. Prices not bad. Lovely walks around the site, we didn’t leave the site all weekend plus the weather was perfect, sunshine both days. All in all great weekend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family