All reviews church bells wild rose the pub deluxe suite family room christmas decorations good size an evening meal beautiful church friendly village ensuite bathroom received a warm welcome great beer great hosts lovely place fantastic room be visiting again
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere for a last minute family meal, we found The Globe in the lovely Chagford.
The onky thing stopping a 5 star review was that by 1.30 pm a couple of choices on the menu had run out, which we thought was odd seeing as they were open all day. Also one dinner arrived wrong. Written down correct by the waitress but sent out wrong by the kitchen.
Otherwise, the food was delicious and well priced. Service was quite quick considering it was fairly busy.
Would certainly go back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2018

We stayed in a deluxe suite for four days. The room was absolutely enormous and the bath has an amazing view! Note that the church bells may keep you awake, and if you are taller than 6’3 your head will touch the ceiling. Food was absolutely delicious and it was no problem to use the nearby car park. Friendly service.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Arrived early and we were told very politely that room was not quite ready, not a problem we had a couple of drinks whilst waiting, and then once checked in we walked the dog around the village where there are at least 3 other pubs, the world cup was on whilst we were there and it became apparent after speaking to locals that the only pub with a tv is the Globe, so we went back to watch the afternoon game's but when we entered the Globe and asked if we could watch the football the lady behind the bar said she couldn't put it on as it upset some regulars . there was only one other person in the bar at this point, and there are 2 bars anyway so why if it upsets some people don't they use the other bar.......... At this point we said oh don't bother we will go and change and go elsewhere, oh you are staying here said the bar lady oh sorry i didn't realise hold on she said i will get the cinema screen upstairs put on for you. So the big screen was put on upstairs and it was a fantastic set up just couldn't understand the lack of reaping the rewards from a village with 4 pubs of which they were the only one showing the world cup but were only going to use the big screen for England games. Surely advertising that every game would be on upstairs out of the way from the regulars would of been a great money earner, the upstairs room even has its own bar, very strange. But i must say the young lass who worked the bar was great she even brought our drinks up for us and then done refills. on the one occasion i went downstairs i couldn't believe what i was hearing as there were about 5 blokes obviously regulars now standing in the bar with the TV (off) arguing about.......... yep having the TV on for the football. very very strange indeed. anyway we had a great afternoon watched a great game, we then went out and came back for the evening game again we went upstairs and watched the first half with just me and the Mrs in the room then in the second half we had a group of foreigners join us, to watch the football but unfortunately they had children with them who obviously had no interest in the football and continually kept making a racket and arguing whilst there parents took no notice of them what so ever, if you must take kids into a pub please make sure that they behave as others go there to get away from this type of behavior. So we left the game early clearly making our point of leaving clear.
We were only staying the one night so asked at the bar about where to go for breakfast in the morning, we were told that as we had a dog that we would either have to leave him in the room or in our car, well i except that dogs are not allowed in the restaurant but also pointed out we don't leave him in a car unattended or in a strange bedroom either. i asked if we could use 1 of the 2 bars for breakfast as they are next to the restaurant anyway, no you cant do that as the cleaners will be in there, Now breakfast was from 8.30 to 9.30 im sure the cleaners could of worked around to accommodate this issue. So we decided that we would have to go down separately for breakfast whilst one of us stayed with our dog, but when i went down the same lady now said oh its ok we are very quite bring him down. Breakfast was fantastic and so is the place it self just need to address some strange issues,

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

what a great find.love this pub woth rooms. Mary the owner was fantastic.great service. Will definitely stay again soon. Lovely food and amazing breakfast book here! You will not be disappointed. Thank you all

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Friday 15th June 18, We arrived at ‘The Globe Inn’ around 4.00pm. We were greeted by a very nice gentleman and were given a very warm welcome. We were then shown to our room, which was called ‘Honeysuckle’. It was a nice double room that overlooked the kitchen courtyard and was full of late afternoon sunshine. The furnishings were of dark wood in keeping with the age of the building. The bedroom was of reasonable size and the decor was done out in a light creamy walls with a red and grey striped feature wall over the bed.

We had a large double bed with a white cotton sheets and duvet and a soft silver grey coverlet and coordinating red curtains and cushions. In a corridor room leading to the bathroom, there was a drinks tray with tea, coffee and hot chocolate and complimentary biscuits.

We had a fully tiled en-suite bathroom, that had a shower over a bath and had medium hot water, and towels, which were a little on the small side. It was completely done out in white with silver modern style bathroom fittings.

For the next two hours I was horrendously sick. My husband unpacked and settled us in. I was so drained afterwards that I went to bed with a hot water bottle, which I had brought with us (Thank God), and I did not bother going to dinner, but slept until the next morning.

Later, My husband went down to into the bar for his dinner. My husband found himself a nice cosy table in the corner of the bar. The Bar was a traditional wood panelled one with a good selection of beers. My husband sat at a dark wood table on a wooden settle with soft comfy red cushions.

Mu husband for his starter had the broccoli and mushroom soup, which he said was very nice. My husband for his main course had the lamb hot pot, which he said was very tasty. My husband for his dessert had lemon cheesecake, which he said was nice and light. My husband had washed all this lovely food down with two pints of ‘Otter’ bitter.

My husband came up later, and I was fast asleep in bed, so he made some notes for the book he is writing and then settled down in bed, where he had a good night’s sleep.

Saturday 16th June 2018 – I awoke feeling dreadful, so I had a ‘warm’ shower to try and freshen up. My husband had a full English breakfast, but I only had a handful of cornflakes and a cup of coffee. We packed our cases in the car, settled our bill and said our ‘Farewells’ to the staff of the ‘The Globe Inn’.

My only criticism is TOO CHECK YOUR BILL PROPERLY - AS WE WERE OVER CHARGED BY TEN POUNDS.

My booking .com paperwork quoted £95.00, and we were charged £ 105.00.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple