“Good but expensive”
Review of Northcote Manor

Northcote Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Burrington
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 3 AA red starts, 2 AA Rosettes, AA notable wine list and 'Devon Venue'in the Westcountry Wedding Awards.> Northcote manor is a cherished Country House Hotel set in the foothills of Exmoor National Park, Enjoy sweeping views over the Taw Valley, sundowners on the sun terrace and cream teas on the lawn or in front of crackling log fires. The perfect wedding venue or conference centre.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Had an overnight stay here as was inspecting a nearby venue for my daughters wedding. I needed to research hotels for other family and friends to stay in. Paid top dollar for a superior room which was a good size, large bed with a good size clean bathroom. Bizarre arrival at lunchtime to find the hotel empty, I walked all round through every room but could not find anyone about. Left to meet the rest of the family and returned at 5.30 and finally managed to check in! There is a bell to press for service but it takes some finding! (rather like the hotel itself, you will need sat nav). We did not have dinner as there was a Valentine gourmet supper being held. I later found that on what we paid for the room, I could have added a five course dinner with wine for two of us for an extra £25.00! Which did not much please me! Having said all that when we finally got in, a comfortable nights stay and a really excellent breakfast with very cheery efficient service. There are clearly some great deals to be had, but I did feel I had been ripped off slightly. Even after discussing the fact I wanted to book for several people later in the year no discount on my bill was offered.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Had the 6 course menu with matching wine, and thoroughly enjoyed it. All the food was beautifully presented, and was perfectly seasoned with lovely flavours. We enjoyed the wines too apart from the desert wine, which was like drinking the sweet Refreshers! Also there were only 4 wines— with the number of courses 5 would have been better.
Service was excellent. We never felt rushed, or were not left hanging around either. The food portion size was just right too. At the end we felt comfortably full, but not stuffed.
Our meal was part of a package, but £90 for the experience I think is pretty good value.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Staff very friendly, excellent service. Great attention to detail.Lovely setting and ambience. Nice for gardens for a walk.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

This restraunt is everything and more you would expect from the grandour of the building to the attention to detail inside. A stunning place, relaxing atmosphere and the service exceptional. The gourmet menu is delighful, delicious and intriguing. Each course is served by friendly knowledgeable staff. Each course is intricate which will bring your taste buds alive. They are extremely attentive for food allergies. Fabulous meal & finished with a irish coffee liqueur. Definately worth a visit you wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The hotel is set in large grounds.We had lunch-the staff were very friendly.the lunch menu was very good value.The fillet beef strips were delicious and a real treat at the price.Good wine list with large choice.Amazing murals showing the history of the hotel which started as a monastery.Very enjoyable,leisurely lunch.