“Catered well for large party!”

The Rockfish Brixham
Ranked #24 of 117 Restaurants in Brixham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday lunchtime with a large party to celebrate a birthday. Staff worked hard and menu was explained well. Food was tasty but slightly incorrect at times but was soon rectified. Setting is lovely and balcony over looks the harbour. Well worth a visit and will return when visiting the area again.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Visited for my birthday whilst on holiday in the area. We were sat with a great view of the harbour and close to the kitchen to see the food being prepared.

Myself and my wife both had starters. I had dressed crab which was lovely and fresh. My wife had scallops which looked amazing.

For main I had fritto misto as I couldn't decide and this was a great way to sample lots of seafood. My wife had monkfish caught fresh that day which was equally as tasty. The unlimited chips were went down a treat and was nice to have fresh chips coming throughout the meal. We were too full for dessert. Their home brand cider was a tasty drink to wash down my meal.

All in all I would definitely return if in the area. Friendly staff, excellent food and great views.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

sampled a takeaway meal of battered sausages which were a Cumberland sausage and fish which was watery . The batter was very tasty and the chips were a little dry
preferred the sausage to the fish. Had better fish at a local chip shop which is the only thing that let the experience down. service and packaging of take away meals can not be faulted.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

We tried to get in Tuesday but couldn't so booked Wednesday. For me having a really nice pint of draught Palmers"Autumn Gold" was an unexpected bonus. Had a Sauvignon Blanc with the meal which was also good. The tablecloths are paper and brilliant, basically there are a load of pictures of what may be in todays "catch", they then write the price on the tablecloth and give you the idea of what the bone situation will be, again illustrated. We both started with garlic scallops, at £9.95 for three, a trifle pricey, but they were beautiful. My main was Lemon Sole on the bone, just grilled and again really good as was my wife's Monkfish,once again grilled.For pud my wife made a schoolgirl error and had their version of Eton Mess, which was average to be kind. Although I don't usually have chocolate desserts, I decided on the "Chocolate Nemesis" mainly because it came with Devon clotted cream and the name intrigued me. It was delightful light, cocoay and mixed perfectly with the cream. This restaurant pretty much has it all stunning views over the harbour, an alfresco area (but not this week !!!) and friendly pleasant staff.

1  Thank IVVeritas
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Was attracted by the sign saying " Tomorrow's fish is still in the sea "!!!!!! The restaurant is immaculate & obviously totally " marine themed " Even has has shipping forecast piped into the loo's The food and the device are totally first class , cooked & served to perfection.

Date of visit: July 2016