All reviews travelzoo deal ernie lister car park overlooking the harbour quirky hotel bar next door no lift superior room inland room monkfish wonderful hotel local fish your luggage one night stay friendly hotel lovely break weekend break
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights having visited many years ago.
We specifically booked a harbour view room and were delighted with the view. We were able to sit and watch the boats sail in and out of the harbour.
I agree with Anne, a previous reviewer when she talks about noise.
I appreciate that a harbour has boats and therefore some noise is to be expected but all night? The internal noise in the hotel meant two nights without sleep. Doors banging, neighbours enjoying themselves (!) and every footstep taken on the ceiling above.
The evening meal was excellent, particularly the fish dishes. Breakfast was 'ok'.
Staff were friendly, entertaining and helpful.
We had a lovely break with friends but it would have been improved if we could have had a night's sleep.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here before and I'll probably stay here again: so it's obviously not bad! However the main reason I returned and will again is more testament to lack of real competition in harbourside Brixham than because I find it so great. Positives: location, location, location! It overlooks the beautiful harbour and you can pay for a sea view without too much hike in price. Waking up to the boats just outside the window is wonderful. Staff are warm, welcoming and helpful, both on reception and at breakfast. Beyond these qualities, it lacks any wow factor. Rooms are fine, not wonderful. Quality of breakfast? Fine, not wonderful; I've had much tastier in those little B and Bs up New Road. Bed? Fine, not wonderful. Negatives? Noise, noise, noise! There is no soundproofing so you will hear absolutely everything from the other rooms to the extent it almost sounds as though you are all sharing one room: was treated to another guest's smoker's cough all night as though he was lying next to me; phones vibrating; doors being opened and shut; TV ... Has kept me having great night's sleep more than once. My shower was so small I could barely move in cubicle (I'm neither fat nor over-tall) and water pressure so poor I didn't bother with it my second morning. This place is fine...but something tells me they'd be making much more effort to offer better value guest experience if they didn't have the location and such little competition.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank Anne N
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Nice location, comfortable room, nice bar. What's not to enjoy about this lovely hotel in the heart of Brixham. Everywhere an easy walk. Parking is about as easy as it gets in these parts. It's sad that at this lovely school time period there aren't more younger guests - I think I'm the youngest by 40 years. Lovely place, nice locals.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2017

When I phoned to make a reservation, I was advised by the very unfriendly member of staff that although a room was available for our chosen date, a Thursday, it was not available to us on the groupon deal. Felt a bit conned. We wanted to upgrade to the best room as it was our wedding anniversary, but no! They are clearly trying to fill very quiet days. What a shame!! Got a refund. I have submitted this review purely on the poor customer service I received via the phone not on any stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judith200465
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in this lovely hotel. I wanted a view of the harbour so we paid extra a it was an amazing view.
We ate in the dining room 1 night and the food was excellent. Breakfast choice good and served quickly.
Although expensive well worth the treat

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends