“Expensive and bland”

Brixham Grilll Fish Bar
Ranked #81 of 114 Restaurants in Brixham
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Ordered a large lamb shish kebab at £7.80 expecting a lovely tasty tea. The lamb tasted stale, there was hardly any salad and a very small pitta bread. To be honest I felt ripped off. We were on holiday down from the Forest of Dean and this kebab was not a patch on what is available at home. No competition I guess!

1  Thank wookeroo

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Best chips, not soggy. Good portions and very reasonable prices. They do practically everything so plenty of choice. They even deliver for a small charge.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Basically, my family and me had a night in, and decided to try Brixham grill fish bar, I am actually very shocked at what we got when it arrived... we ordered 2x fish&chips, and 2 fish cakes and chips, the WORST decision I've made, got the order even tipped the driver!! Un wrapped what we ordered, there was 2 black hairs all over the chips and inside the fish!! Unwrapped the fish cake, all looks okay.. opened it up and a black hair in it, it also looked like it had been dropped on the floor along with the chips as there was dirt and a bit of lettuce in there !!! Wish I had read the reviews before hand... absolutely shocked, discusting, SHUT THE PLACE DOWN ASAP!!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We tend to order takeaway food from this place on a fairly regular basis. So far I have to say that we have never had a bad takeaway from them - the pizzas are good and varied, and the kebabs are tasty, plus they throw in a free bottle of drink. Delivery is usually quick. No complaints.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Do not go here. The first time I went it was okay. I ordered pizza and it was good but to be honest it was just basic pizza and I don't think it was fresh. A month or so later I decided to eat on the stools that they had near the counter. I normally have delivery but this was my first time eating in. I ordered chips and a pizza which I was going to save and bring home with me, when I was sat eating, a couple came in and ordered chips and a kebab, they went outside and were talking to someone that I presume they know. I then saw the cook take out from a fridge an aldi 89p deep pan pizza and cook while no one was looking. I knew I had tasted them pizzas before and I was paying a lot as more for what they were. Basically you pay for someone to cook a cheap pizza for you. The worst thing was they also had cheap chips that looked like aldi or another supermarket brand. I saw them drop chicken nuggets on the floor and pick them up and sort of.... Quickly put them in the frier while he obviously thought I wasn't looking. Another thing to mention is that when they were making the kebab the couple ordered, a guy kept putting his finger is his mouth. I demanded a refund and went to tesco opposite and brought a better and cheaper meal. When I used to have takeaways once I got really bad stomach pains but I continued to eat from brixham grill because I thought it was just indigestion. Do NOT go here. There's easier ways to kill yourself....

2  Thank Jamestown1976