“A great birthday treat ”

On the rocks Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #39 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Description: On The Rocks Smokehouse & Grill is proud to bring you fresh local produce, which has been jam packed with smokey flavours. We are smoking and slow cooking our dry aged and free range meats and fresh Brixham seafood in our American style wood pellet fired smoker. Then we will be cooking on open flames in our charcoal and wood burning BBQ Pit. All of this to give our food the best BBQ flavour.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Haven't visited before and wasn't disappointed. We booked in advance and was glad as it was busy all evening.
What a great place ! Staff were friendly and helpful. Had 3 courses, all were delicious. The side dishes were amazing.
Was pleased to find that the tables were a good distance apart and not crammed in.
Not cheap but definitely worth paying the extra for. Will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked to dine at Brixham's On the Rocks following a recommendation about the one in Torquay being good. It had always looked a bit stark from the outside but once inside it was cosy and we liked the industrial design. Welcoming staff, good service and tasty, generous portions. Useful to have the online booking facility.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I noticed this restaurant as we walked along the harbour and decided to get dinner there after an afternoon of crabbing with the kids. I am so glad we did!

The staff were welcoming and very friendly and the food!... We ordered the calamari and prawn starters and shared them between us. My husband and I agreed that they were the best we had tasted. The calamari was cooked to perfection and the prawns were so tender that there is only one word to describe them, Heaven! My children chose burgers and pulled brisket of beef... it was soon devoured by all three, so I'm guessing it was good! I had fried chicken and my husband had a burger too. We were absolutely stuffed by the time we were finished, but could quite happily have eaten it all again.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates really good food and will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A great find in the beautiful town of Brixham. We have been visiting this area for years and decided to give this new restaurant a go. The food was beautifully cooked and presented. Staff were friendly and helpful. A warm atmosphere and great combinations of culinary flavours.
We will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Can’t begin to say how upset I am about this restaurant. Being a big fan of the one in Torquay I have been waiting to go since it opened. We live quite a way away so made a special point of booking and dining here for lunch over Easter:
Wish we hadn’t bothered. When we walked through the door I wasn’t sure what was more cold, the young girls welcome or the the temperature. It was freezing! Took ages for her to take the drinks order and even longer to come back for the food order even though they were stood by the bar chatting?! After about 45 minutes we were beginning to get a bit fed up as the food hadn’t come out but too polite to say so. However another customer wasn’t so and started yawning rather loudly and then got up and started asking rather loudly where their food was even they it did appear they’d only just walked through the door! The chap behind the bar explained there was another table waiting which was ours and then his. This wasn’t good enough so he shouted again and then suddenly walked away with a beer and within minutes their food appeared like magic delaying ours further? Said chap behind the bar must’ve seen my disgruntled face as came over to say ours was being plated up and asked if we wanted drinks? I asked as seeing we’d now been waiting an hour would these be complimentary - he then laughed at me and said no to which I replied the same! I found his attitude highly disrespectful and I’m sorry if I didn’t shout and holler my disgust about our wait as obviously this is the way they expect their customers to behave, but it’s just not me. It was Easter weekend they should have been staffed appropriately if this was the problem and to be honest it wasn’t even busy. The food was pretty average too. Will not be back.

2  Thank N9-nik-g