“Even the locals recomend it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet

BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Guernsey Ch. Is
“Even the locals recomend it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the De Havelet in Guernsey at the weekend and had a wonderful time once again!
We try to do this when we can depending on availability.
Even though we live locally it is nice to treat yourself to an overnight stay to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the De Havelet.
From the moment you arrive you are met with friendly helpful staff, nothing is too much trouble.
We went with friend’s to celebrate my husbands birthday and had a swim in the wonderful pool, relaxed in the Jacuzzi, drank lovely wine and ate fabulous food from the Gourmet Menu.
The breakfast we had was equally as good with lots of choice.
I would recommend De Havelet for holiday makers or for locals looking for a quiet retreat, an escape from everyday worries, even if you have no worries treat yourself let someone else take care of you for a change.
The staff are so friendly and attentive making you feel welcome from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave.
We will definitely go back again!

Room Tip: room 10 opens up onto a courtyard garden so you do go outside to get to it but that was fine and we...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip advisor, it is always nice to read that our local guests enjoy spending time and enjoying our facilities. I have passed your kind comments on to all the staff and I am happy to hear that you would recommend us to others. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the near future.

Gennaro Festivo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel has 3 great restaurant options for meals and they are all very high quality. The staff are so nice it is lovely to walk in and have a bar meal after a busy day exploring Herm, Sark or Guernsey. If like us you want a bit more fancy for your wedding anniversary they have that covered the food and great cocktails are just what we wanted.
The pool and jacuzzi are great we used it at the end of our day before dinner so relaxing and such a nice area.
The hotel is very clean in all areas and our soom was great.
The location is up a hill that took me 7 minutes to walk up but I am not fit and use a stick to walk but as the holiday went by it got easier to get up. If you just can't face it a taxi is about £5.00 from the town center & they also have a hotel bus that runs a few times a day apart from Sunday. We had the best 6 nights and I would go there again anytime it was lovely.

Room Tip: Room 9 is great large & very quiet also near the pool perfect.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed the food and facilities which we provide. I have passed your kind comments unto the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have just stayed at the De Havelet for four nights on a half board basis. It is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in for a long time. The service and attention to detail could not be faulted. Breakfast and Dinner were excellent, not only the quality and variety of the food but also the excellent service.
The Hotel is in a very nice location and is very well maintained.
Overall this was a most enjoyable trip thanks to the de Havelet.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the food and service in our restaurant. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff I look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future

Bridgwater Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Wow! My first stay at this hotel and it was very good indeed. My room was overlooking the pond & fountains just across from the Pool area which was impressive. The room was spacious and the en-suite very good, all staff very attentive and helpful. The walk down the hill to the waterfront is around 10 minutes and if you like to keep fit the challenge of walking back up certainly dosn't disappoint!
So all in all - very good and yes i'll be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave C
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip advisor, I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your first stay with us. I have passed your comments on to the staff and I will be looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the near future.

Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just back from another visit to Guernsey for a family wedding and again stayed at De Havelet. This time I was with other family members and we had three double bedrooms. As on my previous visit the staff very friendly and helpful and arranged for gluten free bread/toast for my breakfast. The hotel also arranged car hire via Hertz and as promised the car was waiting for collection at the airport. An excellent buffet breakfast is served together with a choice of items for those wanting a cooked meal. We had booked three double rooms and while 2 of them had heating problems, this matter was attended to immediately and there were no problems. The only negative thing was a quick lunch we had in the Bar & Restaurant. Perhaps we made a bad choice, but the buffet lunch was very disappointing. We should perhaps have eaten at the Wellington Boot restaurant which served an excellent lunch on my last visit. The pool area is clean and warm and we all enjoyed an afternoon there either in the pool, steam room, sauna or jacuzzi.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank eangelm
BEST WESTERN D, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor I have passed your kind comments on to the staff and I am glad to hear that your heating problems were attended efficiently. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your bar lunch in our saddle bar, I have taken on board your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
1.1 km away
Les Rocquettes
Les Rocquettes
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK