It was love at first bite.............
This place has a soothing ambiance of good taste.
From the minute you arrive the atmosphere is one of relaxed calm. The staff are attentive without intrusion and the food is divine.
If anyone had told me that I would eat tapioca with coconut I would never have believed it, I hate coconut and detest tapioca but i think this chef can fuse any ingredient together with a successful outcome. To eat here you need to be as adventurous as the man himself.
Unfortunately we only had a weekend break but would have loved to stay longer. The first day we took a trek on St Ouens beach which is a short walk from the hotel, it was beautiful, fresh and quiet.
We didn't hire a car so on the next day we took a left from the hotel drive and about fifteen minute walk (on the right) took us to a tree lined flat foot path which led us to the Corbière lighthouse, a slow walk it's about thirty five minutes but well worth the view. There is a bus stop near the hotel overlooking the lighthouse and this is the blue route bus to liberty station (St Helier) which is the bus hub to the rest of the island. There are four coloured routes which take you to all the local attractions and you can get a day pass for all busses for £6.50. On the way to liberty station we got off for a coffee at St Brelades bay which is well worth a visit. If you pick up the red route from liberty station it's a short bus ride to the war museum which is very interesting well presented and about £11 each for entry.
Back to liberty station and there is a le petit train which takes you around St. Helier we would have liked a trip but sadly we were out of time. The ( 12a ) bus from liberty takes you back to La Pulente and back to the hotel for more sampling of Mr Jordan's fantastic creations.
Sunday morning swim in a beautiful quiet clean pool and then back on the plane with thoughts of when to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Jersey's finest luxury hotels which combines breathtaking ocean views with a Michelin-starred restaurant, The Atlantic is situated on one of the most stunning sites in the Channel Islands. As one of the top hotels in the British Isles and a proud member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, the combination of timeless elegance and secluded location makes The Atlantic the perfect hideaway on an island rich in heritage and natural beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Hotel St Brelade
- Atlantic Hotel Jersey
- Atlantic St Brelade
- The Atlantic Hotel Jersey/St Brelade