“My husband wants to marry Mark Jordan.”
Review of The Atlantic Hotel

The Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 29 April 2012

It was love at first bite.............

This place has a soothing ambiance of good taste.

From the minute you arrive the atmosphere is one of  relaxed calm. The staff are attentive without intrusion and the food is divine.

If anyone had told me that I would eat tapioca with coconut I would never have believed it, I hate coconut and detest tapioca but i think this chef can fuse any ingredient together with a successful outcome. To eat here you need to be as adventurous as the man himself.

Unfortunately we only had a weekend break but would have loved to stay longer. The first day we took a trek on St Ouens beach which is a short walk from the hotel, it was beautiful, fresh and quiet.

We didn't hire a car so on the next day we took a left from the hotel drive and about fifteen minute walk (on the right) took us to a tree lined flat foot path which led us to the Corbière lighthouse, a slow walk it's about thirty five minutes but well worth the view. There is a bus stop near the hotel overlooking the lighthouse and this is the blue route bus to liberty station (St Helier) which is the bus hub to the rest of the island. There are four coloured routes which take you to all the local attractions and you can get a day pass for all busses for £6.50. On the way to liberty station we got off for a coffee at St Brelades bay which is well worth a visit. If you pick up the red route from liberty station it's a short bus ride to the war museum which is very interesting well presented and about £11 each for entry.

Back to liberty station and there is a le petit train which takes you around St. Helier we would have liked a trip but sadly we were out of time. The ( 12a ) bus from liberty takes you back to La Pulente and back to the hotel for more sampling of Mr Jordan's fantastic creations.

Sunday morning swim in a beautiful quiet clean pool and then back on the plane with thoughts of when to return.

Room Tip: Oceon view top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jan3105

Reviewed 27 April 2012

An excellent hotel in every way, highly recomended.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite is excellent, mid summer may need AC!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank FoodieStratfordn
Reviewed 23 April 2012

It is like going home. We were on our sixth visit last week. We love every aspect of the location, hotel and professional staff. The food in the Ocean restaurant is of the highest standard and the staff are, as a previous reviewer said, charismatic, exceptionally helpful and kind. We miss the hotel when we leave and cannot wait to return. My husband is unwell at the moment and we are unable to book any further holidays but when we can return we will not hesitate to book again. We understand that when the hotel was first developed in the 70's, it was said that it would fail. How wrong they were. What a success story - other hotels around the world should take note of its style and success. Every guest is made to feel special and nothing is too much trouble. Christine & Brian Toms, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, UK

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristineT39
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Having had family come from Jersey I know the island very well and not having a home to stay in any more we first stayed at the Atlantic 13 years ago as it is in my favourite location overlooking St. Ouens Bay.
We have visited many times since and it is my favourite place on earth!
The hotel is small and intimate. The staff get to know you immediately and soon build a rapport with you and nothing is too much trouble.
The rooms, while not large by any stretch , are lovely and comfortable and have either sea view, golf course view or suites looking onto the beautiful gardens.
We have always been lucky and had superb weather and on our last visit we sunbathed by the pool all of our stay. There is also a lovely indoor pool which we used when our children were little.
The restaurant is amazing. We ate 3 nights in a row and ate different each night and everything was a culinary delight. More than deserving of its michelin star.
The beaches in Jersey are fantastic, even if the water is really cold, well I remember from being a little girl how long it took me to get in the sea, now I leave it to my waterskiing daughter!
Watersports and island activities are organised by the concierge who has a good knowledge of the island.
Theres lots to see in Jersey so the hire car is a must!!
We will be back again and again to the Atlantic as the flight is quick and easy , weather is great and the Atlantic is heaven on earth!!

Room Tip: sea view rooms are lovely but all rooms are great
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank beachbabes4
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This really is a beautiful hotel. The service is amazing, and staff remember you from the moment you step into the lobby. I had a lovely ocean view room. My only complaint would have been that the bed had sheets rather than a duvet but actually I slept really well. My room was huge and included a seating area which was handy for one night when I wanted to order supper from room service (which was way above the standard of most room service food). I enjoyed using the pool, small as it was. My favourite thing about my visit, however, was that although I was travelling alone, noone treated me any differently; I have often found this to be the case. I will definitely be back, next time I need to escape from everything!

Room Tip: The ocean view is amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St Brelade
7.9 km away
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

Been to The Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK