All reviewsthe rivercastle oaksthe main hotelwedding venueleisure centrebanqueting managerbar foodbridal suitefamily gatheringwedding guestsfunction roomsecond to nonesconeslimerick citywedding receptionfood was lovelytop class
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed here one night and it wasn't enough. Big comfy room, Dinner and Breakfast was fabulous. Staff were really helpful and pleasant. Beautiful surroundings and gardens. But we didn't have enough time. Makes you want to come back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a listed building that was once a convent. It's located on its own private lands just beside the river Shannon. There is a lovely walk along the Shannon into the town of Castleconnell. A lot of weddings take place in the hotel as its location is great for photos.
There is also a first class leisure center beside the hotel. Most of our group were accommodated in the hotel itself but a few of us were in the Courtyard very comfortable apartments. I really liked my courtyard apartment and would request it when staying there again. Also if travelling by car you can park at the Courtyard apartments. The staff in this hotel are all very nice and friendly and the Sales Manager Kathtyn o'Connell is so easy and efficient to deal with. A note about the breakfast, if staying here don't miss having the brown bread which their pastry chef bakes fresh every morning. I have never eating so good a brown bread as this. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for value and location.

Room Tip: One room to avoid is I think the number is 206 as a fan runs just outside the window.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Lovely setting, easy to find just off the M7. Very nice and helpful staff. I stayed in the suites beside the main building and found them to be the quietest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. One tiny point; I was not impressed by the shower which flooded the floor. Everything else including the food was excellent.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank LordEdwards O
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely country hotel away from all the hustle & bustle! The room was spacious and modern with a fantastic view out onto the mature garden with patio doors & a balcony in the bedroom. The leisure centre was a bit dated but perfect facilities. The jacuzzi was my favourite! Breakfast was delicious! We'll be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bosschops89
Reviewed 21 September 2017

It was a charming house and the rooms were just okay. The bathroom was upgraded so not bad. Others in our group were put into cottages and they said those were awful. Dirty and in poor shape. I would not recommend this hotel. Beautiful grounds, however.

It is located away from town so there is nothing nearby. Our group had to eat dinner before going to the hotel since they had reserved the dinning room for another event. That's the fault of our tour operator for not taking care of that.

Room Tip: I suggest choosing another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends