“Bar food very good but hotel crowded with wedding guests” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Oaks House Hotel

Castle Oaks House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Castleconnell
Limerick, Ireland
“Bar food very good but hotel crowded with wedding guests”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

A most beautifully located hotel and obviously popular with wedding parties. We stopped there for bar food lunch on Saturday. The prawn and smoked salmon salad was really good and very good value. Less so the all day breakfast. We had to wait a while as the lobby was full with ine wedding party leaving and another arriving. Wouldn't be rushing back ona. Weekend but can imagine weekday it would be vey pleasant. The staff were very pleasant.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank LOGITRAV
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We live in London and decided to get married in Ireland. We researched hotels for our reception and chose The Castleoaks House Hotel, based upon the service we received when first meeting with the staff as well as the grounds, banquet hall and wedding packages.
Initially, we thought planning a wedding from London may be a mammoth task, but nothing was too much for the staff, especially Jamie. He was always available either at the end of the phone or by email. He made suggestions based upon experience which we were grateful for.
When the wedding came around, the staff took care of everything, we only had to drop bits to the hotel, such as decorations, cake etc and they dealt with it all.
There are little garden apartments available within the hotel grounds, so all our guests were able to stay in the one spot. Everyone praised the hotel, the service, the accommodation and especially the food, and told us we had found a fantastic wedding venue. It all went so smoothly!
Thank you to Castleoaks for giving us such wonderful memories of our wedding day, we found a fantastic wedding venue and our day was all the more a special one. We would absolutely recommend you!

Brian and Marie Forde, London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank MarieF77
Cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Decided to change my mind in booking this hotel due to the fact there was going to be a wedding on at the same time. I previously had a bad experience when I stayed at another hotel with my family when a wedding got out of hand so I didn't want my family to go through that again.
I cancelled my reservation 48 hours prior to my arriving time to be contacted by the hotel reservations to say that I was liable for the 1st nights accommodation. When I managed to speak with the General Manager he told me that they were in their rights to charge me the 1st nights accommodation. The manager had told me they had to turn down bookings and that this was the reason why they would take the 1st nights charge, but their reservations dept contradicted this as they told me the accommodation left and right of me would be free so there would be no excessive noise.
If this was going to be the way that they conducted their business, I could just imagine what way I was going to be treated if something did go wrong when I was staying their. Obviously money was their number one priority but luckily for me, we didn't have to see what their on site customer service was going to be like.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A O
O'Brien's Bridge, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I ate here just last night. The bar was empty (well it was a Monday night!) but it was really cosy and warm not like some places that shut off the heat when its quiet!

Our waitress was a very friendly, well mannered young woman. We both had seafood, salmon for myself and Sea Bass for my husband. I was amazed when the dishes came out- such presentation! Not your typical bar food fare at all. The Sea Bass was the days special and priced at €10 very reasonable. I also had a desert of sticky toffee pudding with custard which the chef made specially for me as Im not too keen on cream!
We have been to he Castle Oaks in the past for weddings but had never eaten in the bar before but we will definitely be making sa return visit! Well done!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MicheleH72
RiverShannon, Padraig Nolan General Manager at Castle Oaks House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind comments. It is always refreshing to hear good feedback from our customers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Castle Oaks to sample and savour more of our culinary delights. We get raving reviews about our homemade desserts, something that can be a rare sight in hotels today.

Again Many thanks for your review.
Gorey, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Castle Oaks, the grounds back onto the River Shannon and was picture perfect. The hotel itself could do with a little spruce up but nothing major needed.
The staff were very pleasant and the drink prices not too bad
Was there for my brothers wedding and would recommend it to others - the staff helped to pull together a beautiful day.
Recommendation - go for a walk along by the river - peaceful and rewarding

Room Tip: Try and get a room near reception as some of the rooms are a little remote