“Excellent”

Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 117
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Confident and creative updates of classical Indian dishes served in stylishly laid back dining room in Greystones-the heart and gourmet capital of Co.Wicklow
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

I had heard a colleague recommend Chakra so many times that I eventually decided to try it. I am glad that I did. For early evening on a Tuesday in late August the restaurant was quite busy, always a good sign. We were shown to a nice table by the window and immediately given water, poppadoms and dips which were enjoyed while browsing the menu. We went with the early bird menu which had plenty of choices. I settled on lamb kebabs and chicken Tikka Masala. My dining companion went for potato cakes and prawns. Main courses are accompanied by rice and naan bread and we had an extra side of Bombay potatoes. Each of the dishes was excellent, with the lamb kebabs definitely the better of the starters. My main course has to be the best chicken tikka masala I have ever tasted, the flavours were just wonderful. Add a couple of beers and two glasses of wine and you have two very satisfied diners for a total cost of €77. Excellent value in my book. Finally, generous is the only way to describe what they consider a glass of wine. I am looking forward to a return visit.

1  Thank flycon

Reviewed 9 September 2015

I have eaten here many times and every time seems to be better than the last. Food and Service is always amazing. Has to be one of the best Indian meals I've had.

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

We went as a group of 4 Staying at the local Druids glen resort. We needed spice. A great dinner. Original menue. Well cooked and served
Cost Euro 150 for 4 with a drink each. So expensive but worth it

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Beautiful place, lovely menu. I wish I lived closer because I would go every week. Rates as our best meal in any Irish restaurant. The aromas and flavours live on for weeks

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Lovely service and very pleasant ambience. However menu strives to be a bit to haute cuisine for the genre. Not much here for the lovers a a fiery Vindaloo or anything intensely spicy. Wine list could be more imaginative too. You get the feeling that the chef wants to be creative and obviously takes huge pride in his work but is held back by a need or instruction to play it safe for a conservative diner...
I still eat here regularly and would recommend it.

1  Thank Killerfitz