“WONDERFUL FOOD AND STAFF! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED..”

The Duck Terrace Restaurant and Cafe Bar at Marlfield House
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Gorey
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 43
Description: The Duck is a terrace restaurant , cocktail bar & café in restored buildings in the courtyard of Marlfield House Hotel. The restaurant is in a long stone building with French doors opening onto a sandstone terrace overlooking the kitchen garden filled with vegetables, soft fruits, a plethora of herbs and beds of blooming roses! The space comprises a relaxed restaurant with blazing fire, café bar and glasshouse with views of the manor house and garden and sandstone terrace for alfresco coffees. A unique relaxed dining experience enjoyed by friends and family day and night throughout the year. Our skilled chefs cook using fresh and exciting ingredients from our garden and the locality. The food is modern fusion and is best described as delicious and moreish. Light dishes including antipasti,fish, sharing boards, flatbreads and dips, exciting salads, steaks, chicken and much more. A genuine welcome from the friendly team awaits. Reservations are advisable.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were welcomed by JASMIN and thankfully we booked in advance-the Duck was packed within an hour! We had €23 two-course lunch (be aware of supplements on duck and crab). Chowder was filling and excellent-LARRY is to be thanked for the food. The duck was outstanding. We would recommend The Duck above the main Restaurant. Food is better there and more plentiful. The staff are friendly and more welcoming also. Well worth a visit. (Perhaps special occasions could be marked, even with a small bun/cake-this would make the occasion more special for the customer). THANKS to everyone. Do book in advance, to avoid disappointment. ENJOY!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in on Wednesday afternoon with my wife for lunch, ordered 2 Lattes and then Fish'n'Chips and Spring Roll, the food arrived before the coffees, which was annoying, my wife's Spring Roll (1 large) was very good but at €10 it should be! My Fish'n'Chips arrived, one small piece of fish, a small side salad and a cup of disgusting dried-out reheated chips. I called the waitress over, she apologised/agreed to replace them, I have never had worse chips and still can't believe a 'chef' actually handed them out! Tartar sauce but no mushy peas? I wanted to ask where the rest of my fish was but my wife convinced me to let it go, second set of chips were fine (however for €16 you'd expect fresh cut chips, not the frozen variety) The cafe itself is beautiful but my dish was terrible, on quality control and portion size. I would go back, everyone deserves a second chance, but at those prices quality should be a given!!

Date of visit: March 2018
6  Thank JasonWhiteIreland
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Great surroundings. Great decor inside. Marvellous food. Relaxed service. Can be expensive for some dishes. But if you pick wisely it is affordable. Midweek Lunch 2 courses 23 eur per head

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I had heard so much about The duck from friends and promised myself I would stop off the next time I was passing. Myself my boyfriend & 3 year old stopped by for a light lunch. We both had flatbreads I had the beetroot flatbread & I can honestly say I've not had a nicer one. My boyfriend had the duck flatbread and it was delicious. The place itself is so nice the gardens every thing about it it's lovely. The staff were all very efficient & even though we hadn't made a reservation we were seated within two minutes. The kids menu was nice too even though our daughter wasn't hungry she enjoyed a glass of fresh orange juice. I look forward to my next visit already and have already reccomened here too many people.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This was our second time to visit and have the unique opportunity to experience the wonders of the Duck Restaurant. The food is sublime and service to match. The crab salad to start had just the right combination of ingredients that it just melts in your mouth. We would also recommend the crispy hens egg with black pudding. Every dish was prepared and cooked to perfection. All in all a top class restaurant that we would definitely recommend you visit!

Date of visit: February 2018

Travellers who viewed The Duck Terrace Restaurant and Cafe Bar at Marlfield House also viewed

Gorey, County Wexford

Been to The Duck Terrace Restaurant and Cafe Bar at Marlfield House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK