“Amazing Week end away at Bansha Castle”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Bansha Castle

Bansha Castle 1895
Cahir Castle
Gardens
Sitting room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
david916
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing Week end away at Bansha Castle”
Reviewed 13 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

On the occasion of my 60th birthday my family gave me a week end stay in Bansha Castle .The whole family of 10 adults and 6 children duly arrived on Friday afternoon to what can only described as a heavenly retreat.The castle and all it has to offer was ours for the week end..Set on its own grounds about ten minutes walk to the local village it was the ideal setting to spend some relaxing time.We were blessed to have some beauitfull weather so we were able to use facilities in the rear garden area to enjoy some barbequed food on Saturday afternoon I would highly recommend Bansha Castle for a family occasion or just as a holiday stay for a large group.

Liked best: The whole experience
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Katzben5
County Cork, Ireland
“Not a fault to be found.... Exquisite!!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Just back from an unbelievable stay at Bansha. One of the most relaxing and beautiful places I have ever stayed. I was very sad to leave on Sunday. The owners really do make this house. Check in was simple and hassle free. Owners very welcoming. Rooms are very very spacious. Bed are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The kitchen is so well equipped you would be hard pressed to find something missing, I certainly didn't want for anything. Large fridge and oven, ample ware etc.
The terrace... Oh my!!! Stunning. I could have sat out there all day and night. So relaxing and a fabulous heater that comes on at a flick of a switch.
Minutes walk from a very well stocked shop at the end of the driveway.
We drove from cork and only 50 minutes drive on good roads.
Dinner was cooked by the owners on Friday night and catered for 20 of us... Every single person cleared their plate. It was delicious and served up with ease.
I really have no negatives from our stay here. From the owners to the house everything was perfect! I would highly recommend a stay here. I am currently looking for another excuse to book a return visit!!!!
Thanks Teresa & John. Fingers crossed I will see you soon.
Kathryn
X

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Jljohnson...
“A wonderful resting place!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

My family and I stayed at Bansha Castle in mid July and it was wonderful. I traveled around Ireland in 2013 for 12 days and stayed at a different location almost every night. I was looking for a central location to travel from to the key places I wanted my family to see as well a separate rooms with bathrooms for each couple or family member. For these reasons I chose Bansha Castle. The seven bedrooms were large and well appointed and each had its own bathroom.
My cousin is a chef and he cooked all the meals and many dinners on the new grill. Thank you John! He thought the kitchen was well stocked with the nessecary equipment (pots, pans, utensils, and serving prices). The billiard table was enjoyed almost every evening by my competitive family.
We were able to get to Old Head golf course, the Ring of Kerry, the Cliffs of Mohre, Ballybunion golf course, and Kilkenny in less than 2 hours from Bansha Castle.
John and Teresa were wonderful hosts. We only saw them when we needed to. They invited our group of 9 over for wine and appetizers one evening during our stay and it was lovely.
If you want to be able to say to stayed in a castle while in Ireland chose Bansha Castle. It provided my family with a beautiful resting place for a wonderful trip that will be fondly remembered by all.
Thank you John and Teresa!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
GauravMas...
Mumbai, India
“Absolutely stunning”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

This is very beaturiful place to stay. Very specious. One major benefit is the unlike many European vacation this place has all bedrooms with en suite bathroom except one.

Rooms are specious. Lots of natural light in all rooms. There is huge lawn. There is lot of common area within the property viz. living room, library etc. They also have backyard with sitting arrangement.

Owners are very very helpful.

Few things to keep mind is Bansha is name of small town and there are other properties with similar names like Bansha House etc.

Town is small. We did not find any major grocery store nearby. Nearest TESCO or LIKD is about 7//8 km away, though it is not a big problem.

Most attaractions are about 45 min to 2 hours away.

From Dublin it took us about 2.5 hours to reack. Cork airport is nearer but Dublin has more international connections.

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Richard B
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A perfect mix of new and old”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We have just spent a long weekend at Bansha Castle and it has everything you could ask for. John and Teresa made us feel very welcome indeed, the house was very clean and very comfortable indeed. Real log fires, out door seating with heating, well equipped kitchen and ensuite bathrooms with wonderful beds and bedding. A real homely feel, yet its a mansion. We do this every year, staying at different places and this has to be one of the best...the space just works and there is plenty of room everywhere.
Thanks very much for a brilliant stay...I wouldnt hesitate to book it again and recommend thoroughly.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing