“Lovely place!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Happened across this quaint little place while out hacking at Castle Leslie last week, and I have to say it is absolutely marvelous! The rustic aesthetic is utterly charming, and the staff are friendly and attentive. My partner and I had a lovely starter of Garlic bread and Wedges, the latter of which are really exceptionally seasoned.
The pizzas were some of the best I've tasted outside Italy (where I lived for 8 months), and very reasonably priced!
The owner of the restaurant even dropped in and chatted to us, a lovely touch!
I would honestly say this is far more than just a trip to a restaurant, its an entire evening experience, and one which I am glad to have stumbled across!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Sorry we can’t rate this restaurant. We booked this restaurant due to the great reviews on trip adviser.
We received a phone call 1hour before our booking asking if we could come earlier so we agreed to come half an hour earlier. Then received another phone call to say as we were the only people booked we might be better going to another restaurant as we may not enjoy the atmosphere on our own any one who knows Graslough will know it has very few places to eat especially in the evening.
They very kindly offered us free garlic bread on our next visit, I don’t think so. As we were down for a wedding the next time we would be back he probably wouldn’t remember us.
I understand the weather wasn’t good but if you book and your here you expect to be accommodated.

3  Thank joyceb97
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Fab food, fab atmosphere, fab surroundings! Would definitely recommend! A large group well catered for

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

After the irritation of trying to get served in the achingly pretentious Conor’s Bar a few metres away it was, and remains a total joy to stumble on this gem of a restaurant. The building is a teetering ramshackle eccentric road traffic incident of a place. The road traffic incident appearing to have involved an antique shop, architectural salvage yard and candle wholesalers. The food is superb. Salads, pizzas, ciabattas and very good coffee. Only gripe is, no wine, but the staff direct you to the local mini market who kindly solved that problem. All in all, enchanting.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My most recent visit to Ambledown was on a Sunday afternoon in the summer. We were lucky to have a beautiful sunny day & enjoyed our pizzas & wedges in the outdoor courtyard.

I’ve been to Ambledown now 6/7 times with friends at night time. The atmosphere is lovely with lots of cosy spaces to enjoy your pizza. It’s BYO drink so we’ve cracked open many a bottle of wine on the premises. The staff are friendly & helpful. Definitely a place to spend a lazy evening catching up with friends.