“Great food great service ”
Review of Fifty50

Fifty50
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 28
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Great food here with good portions and great friendly service and atmosphere!

Child friendly and the deep fried Bree was great!

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We booked for 7pm, which is the time the early bird finishes, but were given the option of eating from either menu. The waitress really impressively reeled off a huge list of specials (her memory clearly much better then mine as I would have needed to see them written down to remember and choose from them). Plenty of choice on the early bird menu too - not restricted in the slightest.
I had a lovely chorizo chicken penne pasta dish, with lots of peppers, sun dried tomatoes and olives rather than being smothered in a heavy sauce. We both had wine but there was already a large bottle of water on the table which I appreciated as it’s usually the first thing that I ask for.
I finished off with banoffee pie and a coffee.
Really lovely food and the early bird menu offers a great selection and terrific value. Also loved the decor and the 90s soundtrack!

2  Thank janehA9670EJ
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation for 7pm tonight and despite the fact the early bird ( strictly speaking ) runs from Sunday to thurs until 7pm they still accommodated us & we had the option to eat from both menus .
Impressively our waitress listed off and extensive choice of specials also .
I opted for a Cajun chicken Caesar salad which was fresh , tasty and a good size portion , followed by a Malteser cheesecake , also quite nice .
Service was good and they have a pretty large bar menu , however I did feel their beers were slightly overpriced.
e.g. An orchard thieves €6.50 and €5.50 for regular beers such as Heineken , Coors light , etc .
That said it’s a very nice restaurant and overall a good dining experience and I would definitely eat here again .

2  Thank 304aileend
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Went in a group of 9 early bird menu was good value some food was ok the fish an chips where awful staff lovely I'm shocked at the state of the ladies toilets they where filthy my sisters wouldn't use them which resulted in us leaving straight after our food the floor in the main area was very slippy

1  Thank MaryB5137
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

There were minimal vegetarian options on the menu so I called ahead to see if it was possible to create a dish. They were really accomodating and lenient.

When we arrived we were seated and a waitress came over straight away to discuss the vegeterian options, great communication between the host and staff. Really great customer service all the staff we're lovely.

I ordered a pasta dish with vegetables and my partner got a pizza. The pizza wasnt great, too cheesy and heavy to eat. The side of chips are generous I would order 1 between 2 people next time.