“Room and Pool: Big pluses at the Pillo Hotel”

Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ashbourne
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a One Night Stay at the Pillo Hotel for last Sunday. While it wasn't cheap compared to other places I stayed in the past year or so, there are a couple of features that make this place special. First: I found my single room to be very stylish, roomy and comfortable. I normally don't comment on TV's as I don't tend to watch must Television on hotel breaks but the TV Set in room was an up to the minute HD Type with a wonderful reception and a host of other good features. Second: On the Monday morning I enjoyed a Swim in the Hotel's leisure, which is probably the best swimming pool I have ever used in all the Hotels I have ever been in to date. It is large and has some alcoves and extra features not experienced in other places. I was also satisfied with the secure car parking arrangements and Safety deposit box. Tips for improvement: Breakfast Food (being OK instead of great) and Bar Service (which was slow on Sunday evening). Otherwise a sort but enjoyable stay at the Pillo Hotel, Ashbourne.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of Hotel affording fine view of the Countryside and may be a little quiter there t...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Darrell P, Guest Relations Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Paulander,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was pleased to hear that you appreciated our facilities and hospitality. I have communicated your kind observations about the rooms, tvs and pool area to our team for their individual appreciation. We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the not too distant future.

Guest Relations Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend a wedding nearby.
Perfect place to stop over, I only wish we'd stayed longer to enjoy the facilities available.
Beautiful, well proportioned rooms. Clean and well stocked with everything you might need, e.g. Safe, iron and ironing board, hairdryer etc
Staff were professional and attentive both on reception and in the restaurant.
Breakfast on both mornings was great. Good selection of cereals, pastries, cold meats and fresh fruit.
I only wish I'd remembered about the fitness suite and had brought my swimming gear!
Would definitely recommend for both business and pleasure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Rollupandshine,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was thrilled to hear that you found us to be a perfect place for a stop over. Your kind comments about the facilities, friendly staff and great breakfast are welcomed and I have passed them on to our team who I will treasure them as much as I did. The promise to recommend our hospitality is also appreciated. We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

No issues comfortable. Rather isolated location but quiet location. Secure car parking in operation. Bar is okay. Breakfast was not the best Irish breakfast I've had but was satisfactory. In summary if in location it is acceptable

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Darrell P, Guest Relations Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Graham,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was thrilled to learn that you appreciated our hospitality and I have communicated this to our team. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

You want a good, working, functional hotel room, without breaking the bank. Well then, this is it.
Biggish, new, 'green' rooms - you need the room key to get electricity to the room. When you leave and take the key with you, you cut off the electric- neat and saves the earth, too.
The hotel is a short hop by car or bus from Dublin and close to all sorts of family attractions. Ashbourne town is close by with a myriad of shops, pubs and restaurants. The hotel too has a fine restaurant and lounge.
The place has a great pool, an extensive gym and a spa for those needing spoilt or pampered.
I mean, what's not to like?
The staff are friendly and helpful very accommodating.
If you're looking for the same kind of hotel nearer to or in central Dublin, you'll end up spending the earth. The Pillo is way more wallet friendly.
It's also great for an overnight if you have a flight from the airport. You can park and grab a bus to it just outside the front gate. Everyone is catered for.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. The gesture is appreciated and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality. The kind praises about our great rooms, location, pool, bar and restaurant have all been communicated to our team who I know will treasure them. We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

As a family of five we stayed here again. It was our second visit in two years. Loved it. Rooms were big. We had two rooms. There was four adults and one child. Could not fault the rooms. We had dinner twice in the hotel. Loved the food. Only thing was the bar. Very very slow at serving drinks. You could be waiting up to ten minutes to get a drink, even though there was loads of staff. That's the only bad thing I could say about the hotel. My six year old loved the kids club. She made loads of friends which is what you want for your kids. The family games in the evening are great. You get to spend time with your little ones as well as having a good time yourself. Loved swimming and having fun in the hotel swimming pool. We will be back

Room Tip: Rooms n they'll floor are bigger and have view of tayto park at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear CarolineOHalloran,
Thank you for taking the time to share some great feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I was delighted to learn that you and your family had a fabulous time and that you will be back with us. The kind comments about our spacious rooms, lovely food and great kids club have all been passed on to our team who I know will treasure them. We are looking forward to welcome you all back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashbourne
2.1 km away
16.3 km away
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
23.3 km away
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Pillo Hotel Ashbourne? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK