1,774 results
All reviewstayto parkred barplay roomswimming poolkids clubfamily hoteldublin zoofamily breaktwo double bedsnext morningchanging roomslovely hotelbar foodgreat facilitiesleisure facilitiesgreat nightwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The first thing you notice entering the hotel is the HB Freezer. The Receptionist ignored us standing waiting to checkin while she furiously dialled phone numbers. The mattress and bed linen are of very poor quality. The single bed mattress springs were protruding and very uncomfortable. The travel cot mattress was like a sheet of plastic. The hotel is totally over priced for what you pay for! Spoke to Duty Manager was informed Customer Relations would be in contact, still waiting on reply. Would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Murt17
Darrell P, Guest Relations Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Murt17,
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was sorry to learn that you did not fully appreciate our hospitality and I have communicated this to the relevant departments for their individual considerations. Should you wish to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would very much welcome the opportunity to restore your initial faith in us. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We had one of the suites on the top floor which had 2 rooms, 4 beds and 2 big TV's, however both huge rooms shared just one small bathroom with one shower where you had to stand in the bath. (What if the two double beds and two single beds were in use? 6 people sharing that bathroom?

For 300 per night I'd expect a bigger bathroom, or instead of the large bar area in the other room another bathroom or at least a shower in there. Also the shower ran hot and cold.

Another annoying thing was we tried to reserve a table in the restaurant but reception did not answer the phone.

Basically this huge hotel has everything you need, superb staff, clean rooms, nice restaurant but it's only fair I give a true review of what I found. Other than the shower and reception not answering the phone it's a decent place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Docmatt

Dear Docmatt,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of our hospitality bar the outlay of your room. This along with the kind praises about our superb staff, clean rooms and nice restaurant have all been communicated to our team who I know will appreciate same. We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

hi went the pillo Fri night for a quick get away when I got there and went to pay was told it was a diff price than what I booked for so I asked the lady why she inform me that's the price so I showed her the email with my price was told nothing she could do next morning I stayed in bed as my partner got up went for breakfast what should of being included In the price I paid she was asked to pay when she came after paying I went down again to the front desk and was again told no because you didn't book it wasn't included I did book the room I prepaid the room at my rate staff was so rude I was so shocked gas think was we went to have a stay cause were looking for a wedding reception ahhh don't think the pillo being getting short listed now

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Keith M

Dear Keith M,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I am furthermore pleased that we managed to resolve the issue and I am grateful that you took the time to discuss the matter with me directly. I am looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2017

WARNING �STAY AWAY where to begin, booked a night here. Went for dinner found some type of bug in one of my party's drinks, scoop it out. Food very slow to arrive, waitress didn't give any cutlery so I assume she will be back but is not, I have to send my son up and the food is cold by the time we start eating. So at 9:40 we finish our food and want desert so we wait for the waitress to come back but doesn't so I send my son up again but this time he comes back crying because he was told no couldn't have ice cream. He's 8!!!! So I've had enough now and go up and ask for ice cream and I am told no because the chef is gone at 10, I point out it's 9:58 and on top of that I point out you don't need a chef to scoop ice cream!
I go to the manager to complain, my son is very upset now because he thinks he has caused all this trouble.
The manager asks me to see him in the morning. We go for breakfast and (which was terrible) and I find a fly in my OJ, I take pictures to show the manager, I'm in shock, imagine what's in the food. So I show the manager my photos and he points out it's because of the building work... well close your hotel down until it's complete!!!! I will report them to the HSE. It was the Worst weekend I've ever had. I'm not really a complainer but this hotel is terrible and I spent quite a bit of money there.

Room Tip: Don't choose here!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear brianmeagher86,
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback in relation to your visit with us. I was very upset to hear that you did not enjoy our hospitality and I have passed this on to our team and relevant departments for their individual considerations. Rest assured that the feedback you have offered will be used in a constructive manner to revaluate our services and thus change or enhance same if needed. Although we underwent refurbishment at the time of your visit I am sorry that this impeded on your perception of us. Should you wish to discuss this directly with me do not hesitate to contact me directly. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Pillo hotel & spa Ashbourne in the near future so that we can improve on your impression of us.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The location is either at the top of bottom of the town depending on where you are coming from. Just off the main road, with good bus links to Dublin and the surrounding area. Reception is right in front of you, while here for four nights it was always staffed. When going past they were always polite. The general area was very clean, with housekeeping cleaning the Windows everyday. Our room, 214, was spacious, clean and comfortable. Our air conditioning worked and we needed it on. No dust, carpets hovered each day and the bathroom was especially clean. Well done to the housekeeping staff for a great job. Lots of storage space in the room too, massive wardrobe, side cabinets and another six drawer unit. More than enough for everyone. The restaurants. We tried the bar food and breakfast. Had food first. Quick service, knowledgeable staff and big portions. The nachos starter would be a main meal anywhere else. The chicken wings were well cooked and dripping in sauce and again a big portion. The bar was busy but with plenty of staff in there was very little wait. Breakfast. Let's start as you walk in the door. Claire was there to greet you with a friendly word, quickly seating you and explaining how it worked. Staff were round with tea or coffee quickly. Buffet style breakfast, lots of choice, cereals, pastries and a hot choice. Fruit and yoghurt, continental breakfast, meat, cheese. How can you not be able to choose. The breakfast staff were quick to clear tables and ask if you had everything you needed. Claire ensured she spoke to everyone who came in. Asking how they were, what their plans were, even asking the children! Not many staff do that. The chi!dren were made to feel included too. Brilliant service. Nothing was too much for any of them. The young male servers were even caught playing with some unhappy (tired) children. I could have stayed for longer just watching how they treated customers. Yes I saw managers around, I even spoke to a few but the front line staff were fantastic. The pool area was just as good. Although having to wear a swimming cap was unusual, told it is a requirement. But one before you visit. There are set hours for children being in, 10-7. Then it's adults only.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Bernadette,
Thank you for taking the time to post a brilliant review of your recent visit with us. The gesture is really appreciated and I have taken the liberty of passing this on to each relevant department for their individual consideration. They will appreciate the kind praises as much as I did and we are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.