“The Snailbox”

Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 38
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: View, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With old world character and charm combined with a modern and relaxed ambiance, we take pride in offering our patrons a relaxed and delicious dining experience which The Snailbox is renowned for. Having won the "Best Welcome & Customer Service Award" in 2010, we have built our reputation through our friendly and efficient service accompanied by the finest & freshest ingredients prepared by our Head Chef Monica and her team. Monica has now introduced her own signature Snailbox desserts that are being served daily in our restaurant. Our menu philosophy is simple; fresh, tasty, home-made and locally sourced ingredients served to you with a smile. Click below to view any of our mouth-watering menus.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We stopped in on the way home from the airport, beautiful views while having our food. The staff are very friendly and as for the food! Amazing. Definitely worth a visit and we will be returning!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

stayed on a Saturday night . got a couples deluxe deal that was two course meal and overnight stay for €109 . great deal . the rooms were great and had a queen size bed and a bath with shower . took a while for this to heat up . the room had tea and coffee making . an iron/ironing board . we had some lunch that afternoon . we had soup of the day with some chips . soup was delicious. we booked table in the restaurant for that evening . I had pate with a side salad my wife had piri piri wings both were lovely . mains I had a very tasty pan fried hake and my wife had fillet steak . no joke this was the best steak I've ever had . tasty and tender . and no extra charge in the deal . Mark our server was great and full of chat . lovely fella . Stephen helped us out later that evening . lovely bloke would do anything for you to make your stay better . would recommend this place to everyone .

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our way north, so glad we did. It is extremely busy for a place in the country, just proves people will travel for good food.

And boy was it good food! I had the chicken wings to start, so tasty. Best wings I've had in a long time. The Mrs had the brie which was also nice.

For mains we both had the fillet steak, again it was perfect. I'm so sick of paying for average steak, this is worth the money.

I must admit we looked at a lot of the plates going by us and everything looked good. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2018

The Snailbox is one of those gems - great food, great atmosphere and lovely staff.
It is always busy, but never makes you feel rushed. The food is superb,

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Had been here a few yrs back on a number of occasions for their steak which I will admit is beautiful though arrived again at the wkd and left feeling hungry as portion sizes had been reduced that considerably. Meal for two which consisted of mains only and one glass of vino and two desserts cost just shy of €70. Outside of the manager/owner who knew how to fulfil his obligations to customers, one or two of his staff came across impatient and intolerant which for me didn't work. I'm Not likely going to come back here as there is too many better options nearby.

Date of visit: September 2018