“Nice stop and not-to-be-missed pudding!”
Review of The Gandon Inn

The Gandon Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Portlaoise B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Nice stop and not-to-be-missed pudding!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Co. Clare because we were hungry at 3:00 pm. There were plenty of folks eating there, but it was quiet and relaxing inside. I liked the decor and the history of the building added interest to our stop. We had a pot of tea, a cup of soup, and then the best dessert we have ever tasted anywhere: the sticky toffee pudding, which was warmed, with plenty of delicious sauce, fresh whipped cream, and a kind of vanilla ice milk on the side. If I lived in that area, I would go to the restaurant just to eat that dessert. :-) Thank you very much for a lovely stop on our journey!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasTuthills
GandonInn, Manager at The Gandon Inn, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to us. I'm happy you appreciated the history attached to the building and that you enjoyed your dessert and overall experience.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have had many a breakfast here & had one meal where we had a large group of us dined together.I cannot fault anything I have had here, it was just superb.Lots of coffee & plenty of toast with the breakfast. I have had many a brekkie with a grpup of bikers & were made feel welcomed at all times.well done & congrats.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fran-Maria
GandonInn, Manager at The Gandon Inn, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Fran-Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit with us. We pride ourselves on making people feel welcome and I'm delighted it came across during your visit.
We hope to see you again soon!
Russia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We first time travel to Ireland from Russia, and choose that hotel just because name "Gandon" reminded me name of the village where I was born "Gandonovka"... so what can i say, the hotel is very comfortable, but unfortunately poorly known among Russian tourists, I'm sure if you promote the hotel in Russia, it will be a great success (sorry for my english)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EcilopX
Laois, Ireland
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The Gandon Inn is just off the M7/M8 Dublin to Cork or Limerick roads.
Good bar food, good breakfasts. Cannot comment on the accomodation as I've never stayed over.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Ireland
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had our wedding reception here for over 100 people, the room was beautifully decorated, every Guest had nothing but nice things to say about the food and the rooms. It was so cosy and relaxed, we couldn't have wished for a better day. The bridal suite was fantastic, huge four poster bed and a jacuzzi and steam shower. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone for this size wedding. It's just off the m7 so everyone could find it and get home easily.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank nomadelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
8.9 km away
O'Loughlins Hotel
#4 of 4 in Portlaoise
36.3 km away
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure

Been to The Gandon Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK