The Gandon Inn
US$ 88
  • Pool
US$ 93
US$ 90
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise(Portlaoise)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
US$ 190
Hotels.com
Roundwood House(Mountrath)
US$ 214
All reviewsoff rampknickerbocker glorybrown breadlast sundaypot of teaate heregreat stopoversoupfriendly girlstaff could not have been morefood was fantasticmain coursecooked to perfectionirish breakfastfriesnext morningon arrival
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have had many a breakfast here & had one meal where we had a large group of us dined together.I cannot fault anything I have had here, it was just superb.Lots of coffee & plenty of toast with the breakfast. I have had many a brekkie with a grpup of bikers & were made feel welcomed at all times.well done & congrats.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fran-Maria
GandonInn, Manager at The Gandon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Fran-Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit with us. We pride ourselves on making people feel welcome and I'm delighted it came across during your visit.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We first time travel to Ireland from Russia, and choose that hotel just because name "Gandon" reminded me name of the village where I was born "Gandonovka"... so what can i say, the hotel is very comfortable, but unfortunately poorly known among Russian tourists, I'm sure if you promote the hotel in Russia, it will be a great success (sorry for my english)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EcilopX
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The Gandon Inn is just off the M7/M8 Dublin to Cork or Limerick roads.
Good bar food, good breakfasts. Cannot comment on the accomodation as I've never stayed over.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had our wedding reception here for over 100 people, the room was beautifully decorated, every Guest had nothing but nice things to say about the food and the rooms. It was so cosy and relaxed, we couldn't have wished for a better day. The bridal suite was fantastic, huge four poster bed and a jacuzzi and steam shower. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone for this size wedding. It's just off the m7 so everyone could find it and get home easily.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank nomadelle
Reviewed 21 October 2011

A measure of the welcome you'll receive at The Gandon Inn was that as I was waiting to be collected at the hotel entrance, the manager opened the bar, started the fire, switched on the TV and made me a pot of tea. I was not even a hotel guest ! Cheers Gandon Inn !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business