Avondale B&B
All reviewshome away from homeperfect locationronniehostsmicrowavetvkildarewifi
Reviewed 10 January 2017

I have stayed in this B&B for an overnight stay for the last two years, the B&B is in a good location in NAAS CO Kildare.

The rooms are spotless and Ronnie the owner is very welcoming.

Breakfast is very good, continental or full Irish breakfast is provided.

There is also a TV room with tea & Coffee making facilities.

I would say the price for the room is in my opinion is a little excessive at 48.00 euro as similar rooms in Hotels in the area are priced around the same.

Room Tip: al rooms are of a good standard, very clean and warm. no noise from the nearby road
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Ronnie K, Owner at Avondale B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Thank you Norman for your review. I am sorry that our find our price excessive. We do not have single rooms, therefore, we are giving you a double or twin, or maybe a family room, so we charge a supplement. I could not find any Hotel in the area with similar prices for single occupancy. The prices for the two Hotels in our vicinity are Lawlors at 85Euro midweek and 95Euro at weekends, for single occupancy, Mauldins House Hotel 79Euro midweek, Friday 85Euro and Saturday 99Euro for single occupancy. At the other end of the town there is The Osprey Hotel at single room for Saturdays 109Euro and midweek 99Euro, and The Town House Hotel, 79Euro at
weekends and 59Euro midweek. I was curious to see what hotels were giving such value and I phoned these hotels tonight and this is what I was quoted. I do not agree with you that our price is excessive and I am disappointed that you did not voice your concern to me when I gave you our price on the phone.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

So, I had arranged to meet up with friends of mine in Naas, all of whom were travelling up from Cork. It was all a bit impromptu on my part, having flown into Dublin from the UK fairly last minute and not having booked any accommodation to stay in. At the recommendation of the hotel in town (who I approached first but were fully booked), I was put in contact with the folks at Avondale B&B. They took me in at a charge of €45 for bed and breakfast for one night. My room was very clean, the rooms are spacious, the bed was really comfortable and the guest lounge was available should I wish to use it. The highlight of my stay was breakfast; a delicious fry-up served with plenty of tea, toast and Irish hospitality. Ronnie, the landlady and I chatted away for several minutes. Then when I came to depart, the landlord, Mr Kinane even personally drove me to the bus stop in town so I could have plenty of time to enjoy my breakfast but still catch my bus back to Dublin airport in plenty of time. I enjoyed my brief stay and would recommend this B&B to anyone, I received first rate hospitality and, as mentioned, a delicious breakfast.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Ronnie K, Owner at Avondale B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thanks Karl, we really appreciate your kind words. it was a pleasure having you to stay and i enjoyed our chat. Ronnie

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We stayed at Avondale either end of a week in Ireland and were very impressed. The rooms were clean and airy, the showers hot and the hosts fantastic, delivering a warm welcome and a great sense of humour. Avondale is on the main Dublin Road, but far enough set back for the traffic noise to be non-existent. It's five minutes' walk into Naas, which has plenty of places to eat and drink and some good shopping, and the Dublin bus stops right outside. You can be in O'Connell Street within an hour of putting down your knife and fork at breakfast....speaking of which the fare is plentiful and good. THere's also a well-appointed lounge with TV and kitchen facilities, including fridge and microwave. All in all a great place to stay, enviably located.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

This is our second visit to the avondale naas,the rooms are bright,clean ,spacious and have en-suite.The breakfast is superb,there is plenty of it and starts your day off to the best possible start.The owners ronnie and john are very friendly and helpful,they always make you welcome and make sure you have everything you need.The location is great with a short walk into naas and lots of buses.I went with 4 friends and we will all be booking again

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Ronnie K, Owner at Avondale B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for your kind comments, we would love to welcome you here again.
Ronnie

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We stayed here on a work trip to Naas.

Very clean rooms, good wifi and the hosts were lovely.

Can't recommend it enough. We will be travelling to Naas frequently and will definitely be back. 5 stars .

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business