Gorman's Clifftop House Hotel
All reviewsthree sistersdingle peninsulacouple of nightsspectacular viewsour honeymoontwo night stayspacious roommade us feel at homeshort drivestayed longerbed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousyogurtgorman's clifftopcliffshouseireland
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

A lucky find , we had a great time at this lovely quiet cosy guesthouse . Everything you need after such a long journey , beds super comfy , clean and welcoming . Food was especially delicious and worth a try . Could not fault the hosting , so helpful and full of local info . Slept really well , would totally recommend .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

My husband and I stayed at Gorman's Clifftop House in May of 2017 for three nights and the bedrooms were every bit as beautiful as their pictures portray it to be. They are very spacious with beds that you'll sleep very well on. They had a beautiful breakfast room that overlooked the property as well as the ocean and some sheep in the distance. Breakfast was delightful with hot, homemade croissants fresh out of the oven, fresh fruits and yogurt and anything else that you'd like to order off the menu. There was a path that ran along the clifftop that we took a nice long stroll on for a few of the evenings that we were there. These cliffs and ocean view were absolutely gorgeous....every bit as gorgeous as the Cliffs of Mohr in my opinion, but without the crowds and busloads of people. One evening no one wanted to go walk with me so I went alone. I won't say that I wasn't a little bit scared cause anyone could have pushed me right over the cliff and no one would have ever known what happened to me. However, I tried to take comfort in knowing that the crime rate over in Ireland is very, very low. On the evenings that we chose to sit down in the common living room area we were offered tea and coffee which was a lovely touch after a long day of sightseeing. The only thing we feel that we missed out on, was getting to know the owner, Sheila a little better. Unfortunately our visit with her was brief and although she was very nice, we would have loved to have gotten to know her and the story of her bed and breakfast better. All in all, it was a beautiful establishment and you surely won't be disappointed if you choose to stay here.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best!!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Dingle was our next stop on our Wild Atlantic Way adventure. We opted to stay at Gorman's based on the excellent reviews and what sounded like a stunning location a bit out of the way of Dingle proper. The location was, indeed, gorgeous. We enjoyed the cliff walk one sunset evening in which we walked along the cliff edge, breathing the sea air, and watching the waves below. Once, a woman walked by having a chat with a friend on her mobile while taking her evening walk. If I had such vistas nearby, I'd probably be in much better shape! The area was quiet and relaxing, and we appreciated being given direction in driving the Dingle Way. It was absolutely lovely. The view from our room was of the Three Sisters (and some sheep) in one direction and the ocean in another. The room and bed seemed about average. Breakfast was abundant, and we were able to order off the menu or pick and choose what we wanted for a hot plate in addition to the cereal, pastry, and fruit bar. The dining room was perhaps one of the loveliest I've ever enjoyed, overlooking the ocean and white lilies growing in the yard. The service was timely and efficient. The only reasons I'm not wanting to give 5 stars to this accommodation is that 1) we only had one three minute conversation with Sheelagh, and she (and her beautiful story of the B&B) is part of the reasons we booked here, and 2) for being the most expensive accommodation across our 2.5 weeks in Ireland, it didn't seem to warrant the price tag when compared to the other places at which we stayed. Of note, we didn't take advantage of the special dinner, which may have added additional value.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We chose this remote spot for our honeymoon as we have ancestral connections to the area and new of he beauty of the area and this was the perfect place for a bit =of privacy, romance, spectacular views, to "get away from it all." Shiellagh and all the staff were extremely personable and bent over backwards to make our trip to the area special with advice for local restaurants, trips to Blaskett islands, and even help researching our ancestry. My wife Clare is a professional flautists and Shiellagh convinced her to put on a small performance of a local folk song, and she had done with other visiting musicians. Some of the photos show this performance and some of the spectacular scenes and sunsets we enjoyed from this idyllic spot.

Room Tip: Room with a view is certainly worth it
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Gorman's was the last stop on our walking tour of Dingle peninsula. Our tour operator, Celtic Nature, booked this for us at the end of a twelve mile walk.

We felt wrapped in the arms of comfort and rest, and were fed by a staff that was glad to serve us, as we dined in the view of the iconic Three Sisters.

Room Tip: It was the best and "cushiest" lodging of the trip, and was so welcome at the end of a very spectacular series of walks.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family