“Gorgeous food Fabulous place”
Review of Fox's

Fox's
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Kinvara
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Popped in here when we were on our way home from the cliffs. We were greeted with a warm welcome and the staff were very accommodating pulling tables together so we could sit in the window seat. The place has a lovely friendly atmosphere and the food was some of the best we had on our trip. We shared a plate of crab claws to start but the portion was more than generous. I had the haloumi which was served with fabulous fresh veg while the rest of my family enjoyed the bianca, goats cheese and seafood pizzas. These pizzas were some of the best we ever had, the base was so thin it was just perfect but once again they were far too big for one person so we were delighted when our waitress offered to box them up for us to bring home and we really enjoyed them again for breakfast!

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a table at Fox’s for 7:30, when we arrived we were immediately greeted by a friendly waitress who guided us to our snug candle lit table. I ordered a black pudding salad to start, while my other half had the seafood bruschetta. Both arrived promptly. The combination of flavours in my salad starter were divine and the bruschetta had a wide range of seafood, served in a very tasty tomato sauce.
For mains I went with the Vegitara pizza as I had heard great reviews on the pizza here, they were correct !! My husband’s steak was cooked to perfection and served with a large helping of mushrooms and onions, along with a side salad and chips!
Overall we were very happy with our meal at Fox’s. There was a lovely atmosphere at the restaurant, the attentive waiting staff added to the friendly, relaxed vibe.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Visited a couple of times during my stay. Breakfast is good, pizza is good. But this place needs a good scrub and food and beverage training for their staff. Not sure if the new owners are inexperienced but I have definitely had a few things out of the kitchen that were well gone off. The potential is there for an excellent restaurant but the dirt in the place would put you right off. I can only surmise that the kitchen is as clean as the rest of the restaurant !! which is a scary thought.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on the way from Doolin, the children ordered Pizza which to be fair was pretty good, my wife and I ordered some crab claws to start and I ordered spaghetti and meatballs for main, my wife ordered cod in a herb crust, the crab came out and the smell out of it was beyond disgusting, it was completely gone off and how a professional chef could not know that is just unbelievable, the meatballs(all 4 of them) were adequate at best but the spaghetti was so over cooked I couldn’t eat it, the cod was just a plate of herby crusty stuff that was thrown together on the spot. I won’t be going back again and the service was about as good as the food.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurant was filthy ! tables, floor, bathrooms, water bottles etc.. would really question the state of the kitchen but the pizza was good. Tasty & fresh. I couldn’t eat my side salad, was unwashed old with slimy tomatoes and peppers cut about a week ago. The bottle that the cordial came in beggared belief ! I mentioned it to the waitress who took immediate offence and scowled at us for the rest of the meal. Not only that but just put it back for other diners without washing it !!!! I also had to ask for floor under table to be swept and table to be wiped. The black pudding under the neighboring table looked good though. Take away pizza would be the best option here.

1  Thank Helen P